Subject: [rbridge] rbridge protocol docment now available

From: touch at ISI.EDU (Joe Touch)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:07:09 -0800

Hi, all,

The following document has been submitted as an individual I-D. We would
like to offer it as a WG document, as per discussions in Vancouver. It
is currently available at:
http://www.postel.org/rbridge/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-protocol-00.txt

It should appear in the usual I-D places shortly as well.

Joe and Radia

- ---

TRILL Working Group                                          R. Perlman
Internet Draft                                                      Sun
Expires: August 2006                                           J. Touch
                                                                USC/ISI
                                                      February 13, 2006

                   Rbridges: Base Protocol Specification
                draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-protocol-00.txt
...
Abstract

   RBridges provide the ability to have an entire campus, with multiple
   physical links, look to IP like a single subnet. The design allows
   for zero configuration of switches within a campus, optimal pair-wise
   routing, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and
   the ability to cut down on ARP/ND traffic. The design also supports
   VLANs, and allows forwarding tables to be based on RBridge
   destinations (rather than endnode destinations), which allows
   internal routing tables to be substantially smaller than in
   conventional bridge systems.