Subject: [rbridge] Last Call question

From: ddutt at cisco.com (Dinesh G Dutt)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 17:00:42 -0800

Folks,

Can we do a last call on document: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-prob-01.txt
when the document contains sections such as the following:

    [QUESTION: What is the timescale? O(# bridges)? O(#links?), etc? on
    report is that "I have heard things said that imply that the worst
    case RSTP settling time is related to 3 times the network diameter,
    where diameter is the maximum of the minimum number of hops between
    all pairs of nodes." - if anyone has a more specific reference,
    please provide one]

    [JUST CHECKING - OR AM I MISREADING WHAT
    802.1V DOES?]

    [we need pictures here; to appear]

    [NOTE: this might be omitted, as it has not been shown to be a
    problem with STP].

    [NOTE: need to say more here.]

    [Need a ref for the router-router 'igmp' protocol]

    [need a ref for secure ipv6 nd]

    7. Conclusions

    (TBA)

I haven't been following up the thread with Silvano's comments and I 
apologize if I'm posting something that has already been discussed.

Dinesh

-- 
We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by 
the depth of our answers.                               - Carl Sagan

---

From: Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:37:07 -0500

Hi Dinesh,

I am unaware of any rule which prohibits a working group last call under
these circumstances.

One major purpose of a working group last call is to solicit comments.
If comments were received which resolved all these items and any other
issues in a way which had consensus then, after the conclusion of the
last call, these comments could be incorporated into the draft and it
could be forwarded to the IESG. If there are unresolved issues, then the
draft should be improved as far as possible based on the feedback
received and be subject to further work within the working group.

Thanks,
Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: rbridge-bounces at postel.org [mailto:rbridge-bounces at postel.org] On
Behalf Of Dinesh G Dutt
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:01 PM
To: rbridge at postel.org
Subject: [rbridge] Last Call question

Folks,

    7. Conclusions

    (TBA)

Dinesh

--
We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by 
the depth of our answers.                               - Carl Sagan
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
rbridge at postel.org
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge