Subject: [rbridge] Consensus Check: V-field reversion

From: Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:33:02 -0400

This is a check via the mailing list to confirm or refute an apparent
consensus at the Chicago meeting for a change from protocol draft -05:

   Eliminate different V field values and revert to two version bits
   and two reserved bits with the previous provisions that this draft
   specifies version zero, frames with an unknown version are
   discarded, reserved bits MUST be zero and are ignored on receipt.

If no particular controversy arises over this in the next two weeks, we
will declare it to be the working group consensus.

Thanks,
Donald & Erik

---

From: touch at ISI.EDU (Joe Touch)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 06:52:36 -0700

>    discarded, reserved bits MUST be zero and are ignored on receipt.

Minor nit to avoid ambiguity:

...MUST be _set to_ zero...

> _______________________________________________
> rbridge mailing list
> rbridge at postel.org
> http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Touch                Sr. Network Engineer, USAF TSAT Space Segment
               Postel Center Director & Research Assoc. Prof., USC/ISI

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 250 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/rbridge/attachments/20070906/3bc4eb9a/signature.bin

---

From: Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:36:58 -0400

Right. (I'm generally using the somewhat less formal wording from the
minutes in these consensus checks.)

Thanks,
Donald