Subject: [rbridge] I-D Action:draft-ietf-trill-prob-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Problem and Applicability Statement
	Author(s)       : J. Touch, R. Perlman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-prob-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-03-05

Current IEE 802.1 LANs use spanning tree protocols that have a number 
of challenges. These protocols need to strictly avoid loops, even 
temporary ones, during route propagation, because of the lack of 
header loop detection support. Routing tends not to take full 
advantage of alternate paths, or even non-overlapping pairwise paths 
(in the case of spanning trees). This document addresses these 
concerns and suggests that they can be addressed by applying modern 
network layer routing protocols at the link layer. This document 
assumes that solutions would not address issues of scalability beyond 
that of existing IEEE 802.1 bridged links, but that a solution would 
be backward compatible with 802.1, including hubs, bridges, and their 
existing plug-and-play capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-prob-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:38:38 -0800

Hi, all,

This update reflects IESG requests for changes, the bulk of which are
clarification. Credit and many thanks to Donald Eastlake who coordinated
this update's contents.

FYI.

Joe

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>