Subject: [rbridge] Link Aggregation Reference

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:37:18 -0400

The current base protocol draft refers to Clause 43 of IEEE 802.3 for
Link Aggregation. However, this IEEE standard is moving from 802.3 to
802.1 and, in fact, IEEE 802.1AX-2008 has already been adopted and is
even available for free download, having been adopted more than six
months ago. It is my understanding that this material will be removed
from IEEE 802.3 the next time it is revised, so IEEE 802.1AX-2008 seem
like a better standard to refer to. Unless there is some objection,
references to Clause 43 of IEEE 802.3 in the base protocol
specification draft will be replaced by references to IEEE
802.1AX-2008.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-634-2066 (home)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge