Subject: [rbridge] TRILL base protocol -15 to -16, changes to Section 3

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:09:56 -0500

Changes to Section 3 of version -15

{1} Stylistic change package

Change the TRILL header Figure 3.1 to include the variable length
header Options field.

Rename Section 3.5 to "Op-length" and focus it on Op-length.

Move the bulk of the current 3.5 to a new section 3.8 "TRILL Header
Options".

(These changes ensure that the Figure 3.1 and subsequent list are
parallel with the remainder of Section 3.)

{2} Alignment

Mention in Section 3 that only if Op-length is a multiple of 64-bits
isn 64 bit alignment of the content of the encapsulated frame
maintained on 802.3 links.

{3} Allocation Requirements

Add to Section 3.2: "The allocation of new TRILL Version numbers
requires an IETF Standards Action."

Add to Section 3.3: "The allocation of reserved TRILL Header bits
requires an IETF Standards Action."

{4} Nits

Page 23, Section 3.4, replace "a known unicast TRILL data frame"
with "a known unicast MAC address".

Page 26, Section 3.7.3, 1st bullet, add a reference to "[layer2]"?

Page 28, Section 3.7.3, second bullet, restructure the sentence
beginning "Because of the ... " into two sentences.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge