Subject: [rbridge] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RBridges: VLAN Mapping
	Author(s)	: R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2010-3-7
	
Some bridge products provide a feature known as "VLAN mapping" or
   "VLAN ID translation", in which a bridge translates a data frame's
   VLAN ID from one VLAN to another when it forwards a frame from one
   port to another. This feature facilitates scenarios such as combining
   two bridged LANs with overlapping VLAN IDs into one bridged LAN
   without merging two communities just because they have been given the
   same VLAN ID in the original two clouds. This document describes how
   RBridges can achieve the same functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-vlan-mapping-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge