Subject: [rbridge] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Rbridges: Base Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S. Gai, A. Ghanwani, R. Perlman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-16.txt
	Pages		: 117
	Date		: 2010-3-5
	
RBridges provide optimal pair-wise forwarding without configuration,
   safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support
   for multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. They achieve
   these goals using IS-IS routing and encapsulation of traffic with a
   header that includes a hop count.

   RBridges are compatible with previous IEEE 802.1 customer bridges as
   well as IPv4 and IPv6 routers and end nodes. They are as invisible to
   current IP routers as bridges are and, like routers, they terminate
   the bridge spanning tree protocol.

   The design supports VLANs and optimization of the distribution of
   multi-destination frames based on VLAN and IP derived multicast
   groups.  It also allows unicast forwarding tables at transit RBridges
   to be sized according to the number of RBridges (rather than the
   number of end nodes), which allows their forwarding tables to be
   substantially smaller than in conventional customer bridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge