Subject: [rbridge] ARP222 bar BOF detailed information

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:10:57 -0500

We are going to have ARP222 barBOF at 78th IETF this week. Here is the
detailed information

Thursday

*	11:30 - 13:00 
 <http://tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/BarBofsIETF78Arp222> ARP 222 
 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunbar-arp-for-large-dc-problem-statement-
00>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunbar-arp-for-large-dc-problem-statement-0
0 
Room: 2.1 Colorado 
contact  <mailto:[email-masked]>  Linda Dunbar
<mailto:[email-masked]>  Susan Hares) 

Agenda includes:

.          Scalable Address Resolution for Data Center and Cloud Computing -
Problem Statements

-         Linda Dunbar - Huawei 

.          Identity and Addressing for Video Delivery - Problem Statements

-         Kathy McEwen - Iridescent Networks

.          A Scalable Ethernet Architecture for Large Enterprises

-        Changhoon Kim - Microsoft

.          Multi-level Origin-Organized Scalable Ethernet 

-        Malcolm Scott - University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory 

.          Virtual Subnet

-        XiaoHu Xu - Huawei

Best regards, Linda Dunbar

-----Original Message-----
From: IESG Secretary [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]

Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/arp222/

To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/arp222

Description: This list discusses issues associated with large amount of

virtual machines being introduced to data center. 

Virtual machines allow one physical server to support multiple hosts (20,

30, or hundreds of). As virtual machines are introduced to the Data Center

(DC), the number of hosts within one subnet can grow dramatically.  This

DC growth could tremendously impact to networks and hosts. Data Centers

can span multiple subnets in a single site or multiple sites across a

single AS or multiple ASes.

One issue is frequent ARP requests from hosts. All hosts send out

frequent ARP requests due to their cache being aged out in minutes. With

tens of thousands of hosts (each with a distinct MAC address) in one Data

Center (DC), the amount of ARP packets per second is potentially in the

1,000 to 10,000/second.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators, Linda

Dunbar and Sue Hares.

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge