Subject: [rbridge] draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-00.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:48:06 -0400

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-00.txt
X-RSN: 1/0/935/31900/35258
X-HREF: http://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&k1=935&k2=35258

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title : RBridges: Support of IEEE 802.1Qbb, 802.1Qaz, and 802.1Qau
Author(s) : D. Eastlake 3rd, M. Wadekar, A. Ghanwani
Filename : draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-00.txt
Pages : 22
Date : 2010-8-18

IEEE 802.1 is developing standards as part of its Data Center
Bridging (DCB) activity that amend the IEEE 802.1Q standard. These
include 802.1Qau, 802.1Qaz, and 802.1Qbb. The intent of these three
standards is (1) to efficiently minimize data loss due to queue
overflow for selected classes of traffic within Local Area Networks
(LANs) meeting certain conditions and (2) to provide means to
allocate the available bandwidth to different classes of traffic.

IEEE 802.1 is specifying theses standards and the behavior needed to
support them in bridges and end stations. This document briefly
explains the standards and specifies the implementation of these
standards for RBridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge