Subject: [rbridge] MTU size

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:21:39 -0700

Hi,

Section 4.3.1 states that

   The campus-wide value of Sz is the smallest value of Sz advertised by
   any RBridge.

  Once Sz is known, all RBridges MUST
   format their link state information messages to be in chunks of size
   at most Sz.

The above seems to assume that the size of all devices is known before
any LSP's are generated. However in the normal case it may never
happen. Assume 2 Rbridges come up first and then the otehrs come in
after that. At what time is Sz defined and used?

I think using MTU 1470 is the best option and any other value used
should be configured rather than derived. oes it make sense?

Thanks,
Vishwas
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge