Subject: [rbridge] TRILL Hello

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:16:19 -0700

Hi Donald/ Radia,

I would like to understand the TRILL Hellos a bit better. If I
understood TRILL Hellos correctly, we will now have a range just like
in CSNP to tell a neighbor the range of neighbors in a TRILL Hello. So
we could have multiple TRILL Hello's going out in a Hello period.

Whenever a neighbor receives a Hello it sees if it is mentioned in the
neighbors and it uses the two-way check for advertizing in its LSP's.
Assume a 3-way handshake has happened. Now with multiple Hellos assume
we never get the range where my system ID is mentioned but get other
Hellos, we reset the router dead interval, however we will still
advertize the neighbor even though we do not know if it has us in its
neighbor list yet or not. Do you think we should now have a seperate
timer for hold time based on when we see ourselves in the neighbors
hellps?

Thanks,
Vishwas
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge