Subject: Re: [rbridge] RPF check

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:30:40 -0400

Yes, you are totally missing the point. Multi-destination frames are
sent on a bi-directional distribution tree designed by the "egress
nickname" in the TRILL Header. The provisions in the TRILL base
protocol standard are such that (in steady state) every RBridge in the
campus will calculate the same distribution tree designated by that
nickname. The RFP check is relative to that tree so (in steady state)
the forwarding and RFP checks are in synch throughout the campus.

Thanks,
Donald

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Donald/ Radia,
>
> I noticed we are doing an RPF check for Multicast packets to prevent loops.
>
> However as routing is assymetric (path cost from A to B is different
> from B to A - hence the path from A to B may notbe the same as path
> from B to A reverse), will it cause issues for the RPF check. Do we
> allow assymetric costs or am I totally missing the point totally?
>
> Thanks,
> Vishwas
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge