Subject: [rbridge] TRILL Options Drafts

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:06:38 -0400

Hi,

There are currently two drafts on TRILL Header options:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-options/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-more-options/
The more-options draft is just a temporary holding draft for possible
options and is not intended to ever become an RFC.

It seems likely that options will be on the agenda for the Beijing
meeting and I plan to do a minor revision of the
draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-options draft with the following changes:
(1) fix high level of typos
(2) to keep this base options draft simple, move the "Additional
Flags" option to the more-options draft and move the Test/Pad option
from the more-options draft to the base options draft
(3) not allow the same option to occur more than once.

These changes will all be subject to further discussion and change, I
just wanted to tell people what I was planning to do.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge