Subject: [rbridge] Progressing draft-ietf-isis-trill

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:24:56 +0800

Ralph and Stewart (as ADs responsible for TRILL and ISIS WGs) have
agreed on the following way forward with regard to
draft-ietf-isis-trill.

draft-ietf-isis-trill will include a normative reference to a new
document to be produced by the TRILL WG. For the purposes of this
email we will call it draft-ietf-trill-adj.

draft-ietf-isis-trill will now proceed to the IESG for review and
approval in the normal process, but will wait in the RFC Editor's
queue on the normative reference (as it would wait for the publication
of any other normative reference) to draft-ietf-trill-adj.

draft-ietf-trill-adj will provide a state machine description of the
adjacency formation including:

- Adjacency formation
- DRB (aka DIS) election
- rules for two-way and MTU matching for advertisements
- creation/use of pseudo-nodes

Stewart and Ralph
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge