Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-esadi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:34:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Olen Stokes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-esadi-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2013-02-21

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   link technologies.  TRILL supports multi-pathing of both unicast and
   multicast traffic.  Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
   called RBridges (Routing Bridges) or TRILL Switches.

   ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) is an optional
   protocol by which a TRILL switch can communicate, in a Data Label
   (VLAN or Fine Grained Label) scoped way, end station addresses and
   other information to TRILL switches pariticipating in ESADI for the
   relevant Data Label.  This document updates RFC 6325, specifically
   the documentation of the ESADI protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-esadi

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-esadi-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-esadi-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:05:44 -0500

This version has the changes that were posted to the list (see below)
incorporated. The fourth change listed was generalized a bit to allow
use of ECMP if the sending TRILL switch is OK with return traffic from
a particular MAC and Data Label coming from different TRILL switches.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg05559.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg05560.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg05561.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg05581.html

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill