Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:21:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Fine-Grained Labeling
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Puneet Agarwal
                          Radia Perlman
                          Dinesh G. Dutt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-05.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2013-02-13

Abstract:
   The IETF has standardized TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links), a protocol for least cost transparent frame routing in
   multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and link technologies,
   using link-state routing and a hop count. The TRILL base protocol
   standard supports labeling of TRILL data with up to 4K IDs. However,
   there are applications that require more fine-grained labeling of
   data. This document updates RFC 6325 by specifying optional
   extensions to the TRILL base protocol to safely accomplish this.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:07:37 -0500

This version is intended to corporate tweaked option 2 as per the
following message
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg05633.html

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill

---

From: Yizhou Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:57:27 +0800

That looks fine to me.

Yizhou

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Donald Eastlake
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-05.txt

Thanks,
Donald

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:20:18 +0800

Hi Donald,

According to the current FGL draft, the root for an FGL D-tree can only be 
the nickname held by an FGL RBridge or a pseudonode representing a FGL 
link.

However, since an FGL-safe can calculate FGL D-trees correctly and forward 
multi-destiation FGL packtes safely, I think it is also safe to use the 
nickname of an FGL-safe RBridge as the root of an FGL D-tree, if this 
Rbridge has announced its FGL-safety in TRILL campus. Is it right?

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Best Regards,
Zhai Hongjun
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
 Protocol Development Dept.VI, Central R&D Institute, ZTE Corporation
 No. 68, Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing, P.R.China, 210012
 
 Zhai Hongjun
 
 Tel: +86-25-52877345
 Email: [email-masked]
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2013-02-14 09:07

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
Re: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-05.txt

Thanks,
Donald

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:24:01 -0500

Hi Hongjun,

Yes, you are right. But "FGL" and "FGL-safe" mean exactly the same thing.
All "FGL-safe" TRILL switches are FGL TRILL switches.

Thanks,
Donald

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> the nickname held by an FGL RBridge or a pseudonode representing a FGL link.
>
>  *Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>*