Subject: [trill] Review of draft-tissa-trill-oam-fm-01.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:14:55 -0400

Hi,

Writing as one of the authors of draft-tissa-trill-oam-fm-01.txt, the
authors would like to have some volunteers review the draft to get it
more polished before moving to WG draft. If you'd like to volunteer,
please send email to [email-masked].

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:31:40 -0400

Hi,

The authors have gotten three volunteers but one will not be able to
review the me draft  for some time (over a month). Speaking as an
author, we would greatly appreciate a couple more volunteers who could
review in the next two weeks. Please send email to
[email-masked].

Thanks,
Donald

---

From: gayle noble <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:13:30 -0700

In reading some of the drafts it occurred to me that something 
should be specified as to how one should handle OAM messages that 
might be sent from outside the TRILL campus in the draft that talks 
about this.

Currently in draft draft-ietf-trill-oam-framework-01.txt, in the 
Security Considerations Section it says:
"Optionally authenticate communicating endpoints (MEPs and MIPs)"

To be real clear I think it should read something like::

"Optionally authenticate at communicating endpoints (MEPs and MIPs)
that an OAM message has originated at a communicating endpoint."

Perhaps even add in that if the OAM message fails authentication, the 
switch should log the attempt and notify the sys admin. Or maybe that 
is obvious?

gayle