Subject: [trill] Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:48:53 +0800

Hi, Linda

I have several comments:

(1) We say that E1 is the "Non-RBridge Nodes", R1 is the local edge 
RBridge. E1 will encapsulate the TRILL encapsuation with the ingress 
nickname as "Phantom nickname", and  egress nickname as the nickname of 
R1(we say it N1). The encapuslation frame will be forwarded to R1. My 
question is that, how R1 know that the trill encapuslation frame is sent 
by E1(Non-RBridge node)? 

(2) The concept of  'TRILL   Encapsulating node'' or ''Simplified RBridge' 
is defined in section 3. But it never used in the document. Is it the same 
meaning with non-RBridge nodes?

Fangwei

Regards

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:30:44 +0800

My meaning for the first comments is that: R1 will change the ingress 
nickname from "Phantom nickname" to "N1", while in section 3.7.2 in 
RFC6325, the specification is "Once the ingress nickname field is set, it 
MUST NOT be changed by any  subsequent transit RBridge." So the definition 
in this document is deviated with RFC 6325. R1 should not change the 
ingress nickname field because it is not a egress/ingress RBridge for that 
trill encapsulation frame. R1 is the transit RBridge for that frame.

Fangwei 

Regards.

[email-masked] 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2013-07-31 16:48

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
WARNING: Message may contain malicious content[trill] Comments on 
draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Hi, Linda 

I have several comments: 

Fangwei 

Regards_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill