Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-05.txt> (TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Edge Directory Assistance Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 14:45:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Edge Directory
   Assistance Framework'
  <draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-07-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Edge TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) switches
   currently learn the mapping between MAC addresses and their egress
   TRILL switch by observing the data packets they ingress or egress or
   by the TRILL ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information)
   protocol. When an ingress TRILL switch receives a data frame whose
   destination address (MAC&VLAN) that switch does not know, the data
   frame is flooded within the frame's VLAN across the TRILL campus.

   This document describes the framework for using directory services to
   assist edge RBridges in reducing multi-destination frames,
   particularly unknown unicast frames flooding, and ARP/ND, thus
   improving TRILL network scalability.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2007/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:36:52 -0400

Based on the approval of draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling, the directory
framework document should mention TRILL Fine Grained Labels.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill