Subject: [trill] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-chen-trill-te-applicability-00.txt

From: GangChen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:02:07 +0800

wg,

we submitted a new draft to describe the traffic engineering uses in Trill
we think it may be the time to revisit the topic.
The draft intended to provoke relative discussions and potential protocol works.

Your comments are appreciated.

Many thanks

Gang

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 07:57:35 -0700
Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-trill-te-applicability-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Applicability Analysis of Traffic Engineering over Trill
	Author(s)       : Gang Chen
                          Chen Li
	Filename        : draft-chen-trill-te-applicability-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This memo intended to describe the needs of Traffic Engineering (TE)
   in a Data Center Network (DCN) in which Transparent Interconnection
   of Lots of Links (Trill) has been adopted.  Several use cases have
   been proposed to demonstrate the usage while the feasibility of Trill
   extension has been evaluated.  It serves to motivate the normative
   work subsequently.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-trill-te-applicability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-trill-te-applicability-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:55:04 -0400

Hi Gang,

> Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks for posting this draft. I have sent you detailed comments
separately. You might also be interested in
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hu-trill-traffic-engineering-01.txt

However, you should note that, while it might be added in the future,
traffic engineering is not in the current or proposed TRILL Charter.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill