Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 01:48:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Edge Directory Assistance Framework
	Author(s)       : Linda Dunbar
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Radia Perlman
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-07-29

Abstract:
   Edge TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) switches
   currently learn the mapping between MAC addresses and their egress
   TRILL switch by observing the data packets they ingress or egress or
   by the TRILL ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information)
   protocol. When an ingress TRILL switch receives a data frame whose
   destination address (MAC&Label) that switch does not know, the data
   frame is flooded within the frame's Data Label across the TRILL
   campus.

   This document describes the framework for using directory services to
   assist edge TRILL switches in reducing multi-destination frames,
   particularly unknown unicast frames flooding, and ARP/ND, thus
   improving TRILL network scalability and security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:08:44 -0400

This revision resolves IETF Last Call comments.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:48 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill