Subject: [trill] RFC 7357 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): End Station Address Distribution Information (ESADI) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:29:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7357

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): End Station Address Distribution 
                    Information (ESADI) Protocol 
        Author:     H. Zhai, F. Hu,
                    R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    O. Stokes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 72379
        Updates:    RFC 6325

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-esadi-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7357.txt

The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
protocol provides least-cost pair-wise data forwarding without
configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
link technologies.  TRILL supports multipathing of both unicast and
multicast traffic.  Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
called TRILL switches or RBridges (Routing Bridges).

ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) is an optional
protocol by which a TRILL switch can communicate, in a Data Label
(VLAN or fine-grained label) scoped way, end station address and
reachability information to TRILL switches participating in ESADI for
the relevant Data Label.  This document updates RFC 6325,
specifically the documentation of the ESADI protocol, and is not
backwards compatible.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC