Subject: [trill] Document Action: 'Problem Statement and Goals for Active-Active TRILL Edge' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 05:35:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Goals for Active-Active TRILL Edge'
  (draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob-07.txt) as
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob/

Technical Summary:

   The TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol
   provides support for flow level multi-pathing with rapid failover
   for both unicast and multi-destination traffic in networks with
   arbitrary topology. Active-active at the TRILL edge is the
   extension of these characteristics to end stations that are
   multiply connected to a TRILL campus. This informational document
   discusses the high level problems and goals when providing
   active-active connection at the TRILL edge.

Working Group Summary:

   There was broad working group consensus that this document
   addresses and in favor of its publication as an Informational RFC. 

Document Quality:

  This document is of good quality. A significant number of vendors
  indicated that the active-active problem described in this document
  is of high importance to their customers and they plan to implement
  a solution.

Personnel:

  Document Shepherd: Donald Eastlake
  Responsible Area Director: Ted Lemon