Subject: [trill] WG LC for draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib-01

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 07:53:36 -0500

This begins a 2 week WG LC for draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib-01 from 11/18/14 to
12/2/14. The draft is at: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib/

In your comments, please include an indicate of support or no support. 

Sue Hares and Jon Hudson

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 23:21:50 -0500

Hi,

I think this is an important draft and support publication.

Having reviewed this document as the document Shepherd, I also have a
number of comments:

There are lots of lines longer than the Internet Draft maximum of 72
charaters. They need to be adjusted for reformated or not indented as far
or something so they will pass the nits check.

"NOT RECOMMENDED" is used in one place so it needs to be added in Section 4
to the list of RFC 2119 keywords.

References -
   Add [RFC6325] and [802.1Q] to the References sections.
   Update references to TRILL OAM Framework for the publication of RFC 7174
and to Fine Grained Labeling for the publication of RFC 7172.
   There seem to be a few occurrences of [TRILLOAMFM] that I think should
be [TRILL-FM] which occurs more frequently. Also, I think [TRILL-FM] should
be in the Normative References section.
   There is a normative reference to Informational RFC 3410 that I think
should be an Informational reference.

The copyright and disclsimer information seems to be present twice, once in
the newer, shorter form that references trustee.ietf.org and once in the
older, more explicit form. I think only the newer shorter one paragraph is
needed.

I did not actually check the MIB code.

I've sent a marekd up version to the authors that also has a few additionl
editorial suggestions in addition to the above changes.

Thanks,
Donald [Document Shepherd]
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Susan Hares <[email-masked]> wrote:
This begins a 2 week WG LC for draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib-01 from 11/18/14 to
12/2/14. The draft is at:

Sue Hares and Jon Hudson