Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-irb-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 03:04:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL Distributed Layer 3 Gateway
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Andrew Qu
                          Muhammad Durrani
                          Ponkarthick Sivamurugan
                          Liang Xia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-irb-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Currently the TRILL protocol provides optimal pair-wise data frame
   forwarding for layer 2 intra-subnet traffic but not for layer 3 inter-
   subnet traffic. A centralized gateway solution is typically used for
   layer 3 inter-subnet traffic forwarding but has the following issues:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-irb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-irb-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-irb-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 05:52:14 -0400

Hi,

This revision that was posted near the beginning of the month has no
technical changes but there are some changes based on informal feedback
from our AD. In particular, there is a simplified example near the
beginning of the document and some discussion has been added concerning
traffic in flight when a tenant or end station is removed. However, my
opinion as document Shepherd is that one further revision to polish the
draft will be needed before it can be advanced.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]