Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach-03.txt> (TRILL Active-Active Edge Using Multiple MAC Attachments) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:14:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL Active-Active Edge Using Multiple MAC Attachments'
  <draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TRILL active-active service provides end stations with flow level
   load balance and resilience against link failures at the edge of
   TRILL campuses as described in RFC 7379.

   This draft specifies a method by which member RBridges in an active-
   active edge RBridge group use their own nicknames as ingress RBridge
   nicknames to encapsulate frames from attached end systems. Thus,
   remote edge RBridges are required to keep multiple locations of one
   MAC address in one Data Label. Design goals of this specification are
   discussed in the document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.