Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-05.txt> (TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 13:23:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates'
  <draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Since publication of the TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) base protocol in 2011, active development and deployment of
   TRILL has revealed errata in RFC 6325 and areas that could use
   clarifications or updates. RFCs 7177, 7357, and draft-eastlake-trill-
   rfc6439bis provide clarifications and updates with respect to
   Adjacency, the TRILL ESADI (End Station Address Distribution
   Information) protocol, and Appointed Forwarders respectively.  This
   document provides other known clarifications, corrections, and
   updates. It obsoletes RFC 7180 (the previous TRILL clarifications,
   corrections, and updates RFC), updates RFC 7177, updates RFC 7179,
   and updates RFC 6325.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.