Subject: [trill] Shepherd comments on draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization - Document ready with a fi

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 16:28:51 -0400

Draft: draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization 

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization/

Status: Ready for WG LC, only minor edits needed

Minor Nits that must be fixed: 

1)      Use the right RFC2119 boiler plate and update "should" to "SHOULD"
plus "may" to "MAY"

Editorial issues: 

#1 Page 4 section 2 paragraph 2

From: 

/If the RBridge has extracted the sender's IP/MAC address pair from the
received data packet, it may save the information and use the IA APPsub-TLV
to distribute it to save the information and distribute it to other RBridges
through ESADI/ 

To: 

/If the RBridge has extracted the sender's IP/MAC address pair from the
received data packet (either ARP or ND), it may save the information and use
the IA APPsub-TLV to distribute it to save the information and distribute it
to other RBridges through ESADI/ 

Note: If my understanding of the data packet is wrong, would you please
clarify that instead in this paragraph. 

#2 section 3.1 paragraph 1 and 2 

Start the paragraph with: 

The processing for this is: 

.         If the sender's IP ..  (put the first paragraph in the first item
of a bulleted list) 

.         Else if the sender's IP has been saved (put the second paragraph
in a bulleted list

This will make the text easier to read. 

A few other textual changes in the same paragraph are: 

From: /The RBridge may use different strategies to do so for example, ask an
authoritative entity like directory servers or encapsulate and unicast the
ARP/ND message to the location where it believes the address is in use./

To: /The RBridge may use different strategies to do so.  For example, the
RBridge may ask an authoritative entity such as a directory server or an it
may encapsulate and unicast the ARP/ND location to the location where it
believes the address is in use.