Subject: [trill] Brian Haberman's No Objection on draft-ietf-trill-cmt-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:47:32 -0700

Brian Haberman has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-trill-cmt-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Given the broad waiver written into the Applicability section, I am left
to wonder about the more interesting multicast issues like interactions
with IP multicast and actual distribution tree construction in TRILL.  I
guess that is future work.

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:30:08 -0400

Hi Brian,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Brian Haberman
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> ...

I would say yes. The CMT draft is referenced by other TRILL drafts
including draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees and
draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]