Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-cmt-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 21:39:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT) for TRILL
        Authors         : Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Jon Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-cmt-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-10-06

Abstract:
   TRILL facilitates loop free connectivity to non-TRILL networks via
   choice of an Appointed Forwarder for a set of VLANs. Appointed
   Forwarders provide load sharing based on VLAN with an active-standby
   model. High performance applications require an active-active load-
   sharing model. The Active-Active load-sharing model can be
   accomplished by representing any given non-TRILL network with a
   single virtual RBridge. Virtual representation of the non-TRILL
   network with a single RBridge poses serious challenges in multi-
   destination RPF (Reverse Path Forwarding) check calculations. This
   document specifies required enhancements to build Coordinated
   Multicast Trees (CMT) within the TRILL campus to solve related RPF
   issues. CMT provides flexibility to RBridges in selecting desired
   path of association to a given TRILL multi-destination distribution
   tree. This document updates RFC 6325.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-cmt-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-cmt-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/