Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:17:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) over IP
        Authors         : Margaret Cullen
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-05.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   The Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) protocol
   supports both point-to-point and multi-access links and is designed
   so that a variety of link protocols can be used between TRILL switch
   ports. This document standardizes methods for encapsulating TRILL in
   IP (v4 or v6) so as to use IP as a TRILL link protocol in a unified
   TRILL campus. It updates RFC 7177 and updates RFC 7178.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:17:19 -0400

Hi

This revisions is substantially re-organized, mostly by shuffling
around sub-sections into what is hoped to be a more logical order.
Significant technical changes are as follows:

(1) Addition of some material on use of IKEv2 for pairwise key agreement.
(2) Addition of some material concerning middleboxes and some attempt
to reconcile it with fat data flows source port considerations.
(3) Improvements re QoS.
(4) Addition of a recommendation to use IPv6 if there will be fragmentation.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]