Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 20:43:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Edge Directory Assist Mechanisms
        Authors         : Donald Eastlake
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Radia Perlman
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-09.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2016-12-10

Abstract:
   This document describes mechanisms for providing directory service to
   TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) edge switches.
   The directory information provided can be used in reducing multi-
   destination traffic, particularly ARP/ND and unknown unicast
   flooding. It can also be used to detect traffic with forged source
   addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 00:01:24 -0500

Hi,

This -09 version is a relatively small chance from the previous -08
version. See message about the changes from -07 to -08 here:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg07572.html

Changes in this version are primarily minor clarification and editorial.
However, it does specify "SHOULD" as the implementation requirement for
methods 2 and 3 of the cache consistency mechanism in Section 3.3. It also
clarifies the condition like nature of the some the "events and conditions"
in Section 2.3.2.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:43 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill
>