Subject: [trill] EXTENSION OF Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-03.txt> (TRILL: Appointed Forwarders) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 06:16:33 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Appointed Forwarders'
  <draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TRILL supports multi-access LAN (Local Area Network) links where a
   single link can have multiple end stations and TRILL switches
   attached.  Where multiple TRILL switches are attached to a link,
   native traffic to and from end stations on that link is handled by a
   subset of those TRILL switches called "Appointed Forwarders", with
   the intent that native traffic in each VLAN be handled by at most one
   TRILL switch.  This document clarifies and updates the Appointed
   Forwarder mechanism. It updates RFC 6325, updates RFC 7177, and
   obsoletes RFC 6439.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2585/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2685/