Subject: [tsv-area] TSVAREA presentation slots for Philadelphia

From: ext ext Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:41:26 +0200

Hi,

please send agenda requests for TSVAREA in Vancouver to [email-masked] 
, including:

	title/topic
	presenter
	requested time

The purpose of the TSVAREA meeting is to inform about and discuss  
important issues, developments and work within the transport area or  
outside work that impacts the transport area. In contrast to TSVWG,  
TSVAREA does not produce any documents. TSVAREA can include tutorial- 
style talks on transport topics, maybe based on related IRTF or other  
research work. Another possibility is "mini-BOFs", where interested  
people can get quick feedback on BOF ideas they may have.

Lars

---

From: ext ext ext Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:55:10 +0200

Hi,

our preliminary agenda looks like this:

TSVAREA *preliminary* agenda (dated 2008-2-25)
IETF-71, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Tuesday, 2008-3-11, 1740-1950

Chairs:		Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
		Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>

1740-1810	Agenda Bashing
(30 min)	Note Well
		State of the Area

1810-1840	Requirements for P2PSIP transport
(30 min)	draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-03
		Cullen Jennings
	
1840-1910	SIP Overload Control
(30 min)	Volker Hilt

1910-1940	UDP and TCP as the New Waist of the Internet Hourglass
(30 min)	draft-rosenberg-internet-waist-hourglass-00
		Jonathan Rosenberg (to be confirmed)

We do have a bit of time remaining. If you'd like a slot, please send  
agenda requests for TSVAREA to [email-masked], including:

	title/topic
	presenter
	requested time

Lars

---

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:23:35 -0500

Just a thought, but given that two of the three presentations have SIP  
as part of the title, with apparent underpinnings to RAI,  should  
there be an RAI Area group and list established so that these  
discussions would held as a joint TSV Area & RAI Area meeting?

-ken

On Feb 25, 2008, at 2:55 AM, ext ext ext Lars Eggert wrote:

> We do have a bit of time remaining. If you'd like a slot, please  
> send agenda requests for TSVAREA to [email-masked], including:
>
> 	title/topic
> 	presenter
> 	requested time
>
> style talks on transport topics, maybe based on related IRTF or  
> other research work. Another possibility is "mini-BOFs", where  
> interested people can get quick feedback on BOF ideas they may have.
>
> Lars

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:58:16 +0200

Hi, Ken,

On 2008-2-25, at 21:23, ext ken carlberg wrote:
> Just a thought, but given that two of the three presentations have  
> SIP as part of the title, with apparent underpinnings to RAI,   
> should there be an RAI Area group and list established so that these  

RAI doesn't have an area meeting, but there is the [email-masked]  
mailing list.

Lars

---

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:58:21 -0500

Lars,

my apologies for not being concise enough.  what I meant to suggest is  
that perhaps the RAI should propose the option of having an Area  
meeting of its own for future meetings.  And in the future, when  
proposals seem to touch upon both TSV and RAI, then a joint meeting be  
called.

the ever so slight concern I have is the TSV Area meeting being used  
for overflow of RAI work.  but mind you, I am looking forward to  
seeing all the presentations in the TSV Area agenda.

cheers,

-ken

On Feb 26, 2008, at 1:58 AM, Lars Eggert wrote:

>> should there be an RAI Area group and list established so that  
>> these discussions would held as a joint TSV Area & RAI Area meeting?
>

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:28:10 +0200

On 2008-2-26, at 22:56, ext Cullen Jennings wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2008, at 11:55 PM, ext ext ext Lars Eggert wrote:
>
> Thanks - I'm sure that is more time than I need. I just want to  
> provide a brief intro to our requirements, get some feedback on  
> direction to go, and see if I find any folks that can want to help  
> out.

We had the time, and I expect a good amount of that slot to be used  
for discussion.

Lars