Subject: RSVP directorate formed

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:01:14 +0300

Hi,

following the discussion during the IETF-77 TSVAREA meeting on how to better review and progress extensions to (non-TE) RSVP and IntServ, the transport area directors have formed a new RSVP directorate and given it these tasks:

  * Review of all new work related to RSVP and Integrated Services that
    is proposed for IETF adoption. The purpose of this review is to
    advise the ADs and the chairs of the Transport Area Working Group
    (TSVWG) on whether a particular proposal should be taken on as a
    work item. The directorate will continue to guide and review such
    new work in TSVWG until it is ready for publication as an RFC.
    
  * Review of selected documents during IETF last call or under IESG
    review. The directorate monitors ongoing IETF work and should
    independently decide when a document will benefit from their review,
    assign a reviewer and enter into a follow-on discussion with the
    authors. When deemed necessary, the area directors will on occasion
    directly consult the directorate while forming their opinion on
    selected documents being under review by the IESG.
    
  * Cross-working group review. RSVP documents may have relevance to
    several working groups, including TSVWG and MPLS-related groups
    such as MPLS WG and CCAMP WG. The directorate will ensure that
    drafts submitted to TSV WG are reviewed in the appropriate MPLS-related
    WGs if necessary, and will bring drafts from the MPLS-related WGs
    to the attention of the TSV WG as appropriate.

The directorate can be reached at [email-masked]. Additional information about the directorate is at http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/tsv/trac/wiki/RSVP-Directorate.

Lars

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:09:18 -0500

Lars

This is great news!

James

At 08:01 AM 5/10/2010, Lars Eggert wrote:
>Hi,
>
>following the discussion during the IETF-77 TSVAREA meeting on how 
>to better review and progress extensions to (non-TE) RSVP and 
>IntServ, the transport area directors have formed a new RSVP 
>directorate and given it these tasks:
>
>The directorate can be reached at [email-masked]. Additional 
>information about the directorate is at 
>http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/tsv/trac/wiki/RSVP-Directorate.
>
>Lars

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 21:51:30 +0200

Hi Lars,

This is a good approach in my opinion.
Thanks

Francois

> The directorate can be reached at [email-masked]. Additional information about the directorate is at http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/tsv/trac/wiki/RSVP-Directorate.

Francois Le Faucheur
Distinguished Engineer
Corporate Development
[email-masked]
Phone: +33 49 723 2619
Mobile: +33 6 19 98 50 90

Cisco Systems France
Greenside
400 Ave de Roumanille
06410 Sophia Antipolis
France
Cisco.com

 Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems France, Société à responsabiité limitée, Rue Camille Desmoulins – Imm Atlantis Zac Forum Seine Ilot 7 92130 Issy les Moulineaux, Au capital de 91.470 €, 349 166 561 RCS Nanterre, Directeur de la publication: Jean-Luc Michel Givone.

For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html