Subject: New version of the "TCM-TF Reference Model" draft

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:17:03 +0100

Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new version of the tcmtf "main" draft
(draft-saldana-tsvwg-tcmtf-06).

Thanks a lot for your feedback in the list!

These are the improvements:

1) New title: Now it is "TCM-TF Reference Model".

2) Improved text in "1.2.4.  Optimization of small-packet flows"

3)  A subsection 1.2.5 with some considerations about energy consumption has
been added.

3) The section "Scenarios of Application" has been improved, including new
figures and David's classification, based on the domains involved in the
optimization.

4) The possibility of TCP optimization has been totally removed from the
draft.

5) A new paragraph has been added in 1.7. Improved standard proposal:

       "If a single link is being optimized a tunnel is unnecessary.  In
that case, both 
        optimizers can perform header compression between both of them.
Multiplexing may still 
        be useful, since it reduces packets per second which is interesting
in some environments
        (e.g., satellite). Another reason for that is the desire of reducing
energy consumption. 
        Although no tunnel is employed, this can still be considered as
TCM-TF optimization, so 
        TCM-TF signaling protocols can be employed here in order to
negotiate the compression and 
        multiplexing parameters to be employed."

6) Improved "Security Considerations", according to Dan's suggestions.

7)  Six informative references (research papers) have been added.

Best regards,

Jose