Subject: TCMTF-Feedback about a possible BoF in London

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:25:32 +0100

Hi all,

After the feedback received in the BoF in Berlin, we have updated the TCM-TF
charter and the two drafts. We have tried to solve all the problems raised
during the session.

Our plan is to request a new BoF in London next March, so we would like to
know your opinion about these two questions:

1.  Is the new, reduced scope of TCM-TF suitable to form a working group?

2. We would like to kindly ask people who think that a TCM-TF Working group
should be formed, to come forward and send an e-mail to the
[email-masked]  mailing list stating it.

This feedback will allow us to get a better idea of the convenience of a
BoF.

The new charter is here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tcmtf/current/msg00465.html

This is the old one (presented in Berlin):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tcmtf/current/msg00368.html

In these links you can see the differences between the new versions of the
drafts and the old ones:

<http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-saldana-tsvwg-tcmtf-06.txt&url2=dr
aft-saldana-tsvwg-tcmtf-05.txt>
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-saldana-tsvwg-tcmtf-06.txt&url2=dra
ft-saldana-tsvwg-tcmtf-05.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf-02.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf-02.txt&u
rl2=draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf-01.txt>
&url2=draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf-01.txt

The main improvements are:

- TCP optimization has been removed

- The classification of the scenarios has been refined and improved. Some of
them have been removed

- A section about energy consumption has been added to the main draft

- A reference to the potential problem of the MTU and packet loss has been
added

- The problem of the added delays is studied in detail in the second draft

- The improvements of the charter are summarized here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tcmtf/current/msg00466.html

Best regards,

Jose