Subject: FW: I-D Action: draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp-00.txt

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 22:50:28 -0400

Initial -00 draft for dart has appeared.  FYI, --David

-----Original Message-----
From: Dart [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Black, David
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 9:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dart] FW: I-D Action: draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp-00.txt

On behalf of the author team, here's an initial -00 draft for
consideration by the dart WG.  Please keep in mind that this is a -00
draft, so it really is a "draft".

I should be embarrassed that it appeared to take a public nudge from a
past IETF Chair (Harald) to get this draft to appear, (Aside: if you'd
like that ability, send your name to the NomCom this year - they're
always looking for interested candidates for all positions), but the
fact of the matter is that more than one of us had the experience of
life being what happens while one is busy making other plans.

Comments and feedback are welcome and encouraged.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 8:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Differentiated Services (DiffServ) and Real-time Communication
        Authors         : Dan York
                          David Black
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Paul Jones
	Filename        : draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-06-06

Abstract:
   This document describes the interaction between Differentiated
   Services (DiffServ) network quality of service (QoS) functionality
   and real-time network communication, including communication based on
   the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).  DiffServ is based on network
   nodes applying different forwarding treatments to packets whose IP
   headers are marked with different DiffServ Code Points (DSCPs).  As a
   result, use of different DSCPs within a single traffic flow may cause
   transport protocol interactions (e.g., due to reordering).  In
   addition, DSCP markings may be changed or removed between the traffic
   source and destination.  This document covers the implications of
   these DiffServ aspects for real-time network communication, including
   RTCWEB.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Dart mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dart

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 22:55:54 -0400

And discussion should be on the [email-masked] list, please.  Thanks, --David

> From: tsvwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Black, David
> Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:50 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [tsvwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-york-dart-dscp-rtp-00.txt
>