Subject: Re: Starting up TSV-ART

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:08:00 +0100

Hi Mark,

I didn't get back to this:

There are a few changes coming up/have been implemented:
- the creation of a TSV triage team that scans incoming IETF last call 
drafts for TSV-related issues. The triage team is requesting TSVDIR 
reviews for selected drafts, but not all.

- dissolving the TSVDIR

- and setting up the new Area Review Team (TSVART). This team will be in 
the future asked by the triage team to do the reviews and also acted as 
knowledge backend for the TSV ADs.

The TSVART team will be mostly leaveraged for doing expert reviews in 
support of the TSV ADs. This is a different focus than the current 
standing TSVDIR has.

The process of setting this up got stuck just for overload reasons. But 
it is now progressing and there will be real announcement soon.

Thanks,

   Martin

Am 25.11.15 um 04:52 schrieb Mark Allman:
>
>> Martin and I mentioned that we will be closing TSV-DIR and starting
>> up a TSV Area Review Team (TSV-ART), but we didn't actually solicit
>> members when we talked in Yokohama.
>>
>> If you're willing to serve on TSV-ART (and a couple of people have
>> already stepped forward), please let Martin and I know by December
>> 4.
>
> For those of us who didn't make it to Japan...  Perhaps you could
> sketch what being on the ART might entail.  Not that you probably
> want a washed up has-been like me---I'm asking for a friend.
>
> allman
>
>
>

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 12:50:00 +0100

Oh, so this message is not about merging the TSV and ART areas.

Phew.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:52:26 +0200

Hey Carsten,

you are right! That is quite a misleading acronym :-)

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:30:34 +0100

indeed, it is about the Area Review Team and not merging the TSV and ART 
areas.

I guess the ART area has to change the name as the abbreviation ART has 
been used prior to this for the Area Review Teams ;)

Thanks,

   Martin

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:08:05 -0600

ART's area review team will just have to be called "ARTART" or "double ART"
;)

Regards,
Mary