Subject: Fwd: CFP: Request for Conversation (HotRFC) lightning talks

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 11:29:39 -0600

Dear TSV Folk,

I wanted to make sure that people are aware of this opportunity to identify
potential collaborators, or to put an idea in front of a broader cross
section of the IETF community than people have had in the past, without
holding a BOF.

If you have an idea that doesn't fit in a chartered working group and
hasn't gotten as far as a BOF, please feel free to contact Aaron, as below.

Thanks!

Spencer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 10:41 AM
Subject: CFP: Request for Conversation (HotRFC) lightning talks
To: IRTF Discuss <[email-masked]>, IETF WG Chairs <[email-masked]>,
IETF Discussion <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Do you have an idea, problem space, or proposal that IETFers should hear
about?

Do you want to propose IETF work but aren’t sure if your idea is ready or
who will be interested?

Get a slot at the Request for Conversation (HotRFC) lightning talk session.
Presenters will get 5 minutes and a slide or two to make their case for
collaboration. Interested folks can continue the discussion afterwards and
over the week. Goals include encouraging brainstorming conversations,
helping new work ideas to find co-collaborators, raising awareness of
relevant work going on elsewhere, and promote BarBofs. Slots can be
requested here <https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/101/hotrfc/> with a short
paragraph or slide.

Date is TBD but we are aiming for early Sunday evening.