Subject: Minutes are online now!

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:06:56 +0100

Hi all,

The minutes are online now:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/minutes-106-tsvarea-00

If you were at the session, please check and let us know if there are any edits needed!

Thanks to Martin Duke for taking notes!

And thanks everybody for the good discussion and feedback!

Also remember if you have any feedback for us about anything related to the areas, like chairing, new work, organisation of existing work, or any other process related question, please feel free to send us an email! We can only help if we know what’s going on and what people think!

Mirja

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:52:39 -0600

Hi, Mirja,

> If you were at the session, please check and let us know if there are any

I'm always hard to summarize :-)

For

  Spencer Dawkins: I wish I had explicitly asked for keepalives when I was
AD. People don't want to let us down by quitting.

I'd suggest

  Spencer Dawkins: I wish I had explicitly asked for keepalives when I was
AD, to periodically make sure chairs are willing to continue to serve.
People don't want to let us down by quitting.

For

  Spencer: We had ops/mgmt there because there was nowhere else to have it.
Now there's a WG for it, and they've already started arguing about
measuring QUIC.

I'd suggest

  Spencer: We had QUIC ops/mgmt considerations in the QUIC working group
charter because there was nowhere else to put it. Now that Media Operations
(MOPS) has been chartered, they're already talking about measuring
troubleshooting QUIC from an operator perspective in their first working
group session. Maybe this document should go into MOPS?

(And I understood Mark Nottingham to say my suggestion was "interesting",
but I haven't gone back to Meetecho to verify that)

Best,

Spencer

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 16:34:31 +0100

Hi Spencer,

Thanks for your review. I uploaded a new revision!

Mirja

> On 17. Dec 2019, at 02:52, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi, Mirja, 
> 
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:07 AM Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
>   Spencer Dawkins: I wish I had explicitly asked for keepalives when I was AD. People don't want to let us down by quitting. 
> 
> I'd suggest 
> 
>   Spencer Dawkins: I wish I had explicitly asked for keepalives when I was AD, to periodically make sure chairs are willing to continue to serve. People don't want to let us down by quitting. 
> 
> For 
> 
>   Spencer: We had ops/mgmt there because there was nowhere else to have it. Now there's a WG for it, and they've already started arguing about measuring QUIC. 
> 
> I'd suggest 
> 
>   Spencer: We had QUIC ops/mgmt considerations in the QUIC working group charter because there was nowhere else to put it. Now that Media Operations (MOPS) has been chartered, they're already talking about measuring troubleshooting QUIC from an operator perspective in their first working group session. Maybe this document should go into MOPS?
> 
> (And I understood Mark Nottingham to say my suggestion was "interesting", but I haven't gone back to Meetecho to verify that)
> 
> Best, 
> 
> Spencer
>