Subject: [Tsv-art] TSV Triage - Review needed for Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> (The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)) to Proposed Standard

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:41:04 -0500

This draft is a bis of RFC 4582.  The primary change is to add capability
for the protocol to run over unreliable transport.  This should have a TSV
review before the Last Call is over on March 5.  Who would like to take
this review for our ADs?

Wes Eddy and Allison Mankin
TSV Triage Team

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 February 2015 at 12:42
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> (The Binary
Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)) to Proposed Standard
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the Binary Floor Control Protocol
Bis  WG (bfcpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)'
  <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
   shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
   Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
   conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
   and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.

   This document specifies the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP).
   BFCP is used between floor participants and floor control servers,
   and between floor chairs (i.e., moderators) and floor control
   servers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4582.  Changes from RFC 4582 are
   summarized in Section 16.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:37:04 -0500

Hi, Gorry,

I hope you are very well :-)

Would you consider writing this TSV-DIR LC review, due on or before 3/5?  I
think it's quite up your alley, especially as I notice that they have not
referenced RFC 5405 / BCP 145!

I am not sure the ADs let the directorate know that Wes and I have taken up
duty as hunters of reviews for them...

See you in Dallas, I hope,

Allison and Wes

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 February 2015 at 12:41
Subject: TSV Triage - Review needed for Last Call:
<draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> (The Binary Floor Control Protocol
(BFCP)) to Proposed Standard
To: Transport Directorate <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 February 2015 at 12:42
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13.txt> (The Binary

Abstract