Subject: [Tsv-art] Fwd: [rtcweb] Protocol Action: 'Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-25.txt)

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:35:59 -0400

This seems like it would be good to have a TSV-ART review on?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [rtcweb] Protocol Action: 'Web Real-Time Communication
(WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP' to Proposed Standard
(draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-25.txt)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:07:03 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: rtcweb mailing list <[email-masked]>, rtcweb chair
<[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP'
  (draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-25.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ben Campbell, Barry Leiba and Alissa Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage/

Technical Summary

  The Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) framework provides support
   for direct interactive rich communication using audio, video, text,
   and other media  between two peers' web-browsers.  This
   document describes the media transport aspects of the WebRTC framework.
   It specifies how the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in
   the WebRTC context, and gives requirements for which RTP features,
   profiles, and extensions need to be supported.

Working Group Summary

The document passed initial WG last call at version 14, with an
outstanding issue about FEC remaining; that has since been split
into a new document (draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec).  Between that draft and
this there were also additional comments on video orientation and
media stream identification which resulted in new text.  I do not believe
there were areas where consensus is particularly rough at this point.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of the WebRTC framework
and they generally interoperate.  The review of the draft by the
working group was adequate, if prolonged.  It should be noted
that some less-used aspects of RTP processing are well-understood
by only a small number of participants, but the related matters
appear to be resolved.

Personnel

Ted Hardie is the Document Shepherd.  Alissa Cooper is the Responsible
Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-topologies-update should be changed from a
normative reference to an informative reference.

_______________________________________________
rtcweb mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:37:25 -0400

Whoops, disregard that ... we would have needed to do it *before*
the IESG approval, not after :).

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems