Subject: [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-09

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 06:16:55 -0800

Reviewer: Mirja Kühlewind
Review result: Ready

This document has been reviewed as part of the transport area review team's
ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written
primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the document's
authors and WG to allow them to address any issues raised and also to the IETF
discussion list for information.

When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should consider this
review as part of the last-call comments they receive. Please always CC
[email-masked] if you reply to or forward this review.

This document is well-written and provides a good discussion of the topic.
There are no additional transport-related concerns, e.g. all concerns are covered
and discussed. 

I recommend to also forward the RG last call to ICCRG and maybe even tsvwg,
for potential additional reviews but, more important, awareness.

draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec might be another draft to refer to (e.g. in section
4.3). I know this draft is expired and I assume the authors might be aware of it, but
I found find it very relevant. However, that just my personal view.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:26:01 +0000

Hi Mirja – thank you for the review!
Colin

> On 4 Jan 2022, at 14:16, Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nwcrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nwcrg

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/

---

From: Emmanuel Lochin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:54:42 +0100

Hi Mirja,

Thank you for your feedback.
Concerning your remark below :

> I found find it very relevant. However, that just my personal view.
I've just finished reading it and this is definitely relevant indeed. 
Section 4 is the right place to cite it as the idea lays on the same 
approach than CTCP (which is BTW cited in this part).
I was not aware of this work so sincerely thank you to have pointed this 
out.

EL

-- 
Emmanuel LOCHIN
ENAC - Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile
7, avenue Edouard Belin CS 54005, 31055 Toulouse Cedex 4 France
http://www.enac.fr
https://elochin.github.io/