Subject: [Tsvwg] Re: Last Call: An Extension to the Selective Acknowledgement(SACK) Option for TCP to Proposed Standard

From: Jonathan Buschmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:14:49 +0100

The IESG wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the  Working Group to consider An

^tsvwg

>
> Extension to the Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) Option for TCP
> <draft-floyd-sack-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

I thought this was originally proposed as an Experimental RFC - the
minutes from the tsvwg DC meeting confirm that.
When, how and why was this changed? I didn't see any discussion on the
mailing list.

jonathan

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 01:04:38 PST

> I thought this was originally proposed as an Experimental RFC

Correct.

> When, how and why was this changed? I didn't see any discussion on the

The chairs/ADs deemed it a sufficiently minor (yet useful) change to SACK
that it doesn't seem necessary to go the route of first publishing it as
Experimental.  When the TSVWG working group last call was issued, it was
for publishing the document as Proposed, and we noted:

> The document was discussed
> at the last IETF and appears to have good support and no controversial
> issues.

There were no working group last call comments.

		Vern