Subject: [Tsvwg] Drafts for SCTP extensions

From: Lyndon Ong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:48:58 -0800

Folks,

I would like to bring to your attention a set of drafts for extensions to
SCTP (Stream Control Transmission Protocol) that will be discussed at the
TSV WG session in Minneapolis.  These drafts are:

draft-ietf-sigtran-usctp-00.txt
draft-ietf-sigtran-relreq-sctp-00.txt
draft-ietf-sigtran-srwnd-sctp-00.txt
draft-ietf-sigtran-addip-sctp-00.txt

The first document proposes the addition of an unreliable transfer mode to
SCTP, which allows SCTP to do flow and congestion control across both
reliable and unreliable streams.  

The second document proposes a generic mechanism for transmitting a control
"chunk" reliably across an existing SCTP association.  This generic
mechanism is then applied in the third and fourth proposals.

The third document proposes an enhancement to SCTP to allow
receiver-window-based flow control on a per-stream basis, utilizing the
reliable control chunk mechanism.

The fourth document proposes an enhancement to SCTP to allow addresses to be
added and deleted from the address list for an endpoint of an active SCTP
association, again utilizing the reliable control chunk mechanism.

Please be aware of these as input to the TSV WG session for general
discussion.

Thanks,

L. Ong
Chair, Sigtran WG  

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Randall R. Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:12:09 -0600

Lyndon:

One little note/correction... after being bashed on
this by one of my co-authors several times :)

> reliable control chunk mechanism.

This is really not a "flow control" but a "flow limiting" mechanism. The
title was also changed in this version of the document to reflect
that...  :-)

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
[email-masked] or [email-masked]
815-342-5222 (cell) 815-477-2127 (work)