Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-ip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Feb 2001 14:07:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Open ECN Service in the IP layer
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, J. Crowcroft
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-ip-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
This document contributes to the effort to add explicit congestion
notification (ECN) to IP. In the current effort to standardise ECN for TCP it is unavoidably necessary to standardise certain new aspects of IP.However, the IP aspects will not and cannot only be specific to TCP. We specify interaction with features of IP such as fragmentation,
differentiated services, multicast forwarding, and a definition of the
service offered to higher layer congestion control protocols. This document
only concerns aspects related to the IP layer, but includes any aspects
likely to be common to all higher layer protocols. Any specification of ECN
support in higher layer protocols is expected to appear in a separate
specification for each such protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-ip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-ip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-ip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.