Subject: [Tsvwg] Questions regarding bind() in <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-00.txt>

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:51:13 -0500

Reading the "SCTP Sockets Mapping" draft, it seems to me that

1. the following paragraph in "3.1.2 bind()-UDP Style Syntax" should be in
"4.1.2 bind()-TCP Style Syntax".

    If a bind() or sctp_bindx() is not called prior to the connect()
    call, the system picks an ephemeral port and will choose an address
    set equivalant to binding with INADDR_ANY and IN6ADDR_ANY for IPv4
    and IPv6 socket respectively. One of those addresses will be the
    primary address for the association.  This automatically enables the
    multihoming capability of SCTP.

2. the paragraph listed above can stay in 3.1.2 except that "connect()"
should be replaced by "sendmsg()", is that right?

Thanks,
Daisy

Daisy Chang
IBM Linux Technology Center
[email-masked]
Tel: (512)-838-4194    T/L: 678-4194
FAX: (512)-838-1074

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Jonathan Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

Agree, the text will be updated as you suggest.

Jonathan