Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-iyengar-sctp-cacc-00.txt

From: Janardhan Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:52:30 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Our new draft draft-iyengar-sctp-cacc-00.txt is available from
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iyengar-sctp-cacc-00.txt

We request comments from the list on this draft.

regards,
jana

    Abstract

    SCTP [RFC2960] supports IP multihoming at the transport layer. SCTP
    allows an association to span multiple local and peer IP addresses,
    and allows the application to dynamically change the primary
    destination during an active association. We present a problem in the
    current SCTP specification that results in unnecessary retransmissions
    and "TCP-unfriendly" growth of the sender's congestion window during
    certain changeover conditions. We present the problem and propose an
    algorithm called the Split Fast Retransmit Changeover Aware Congestion
    Control (SFR-CACC) algorithm as a solution. We recommend the addition
    of the SFR-CACC algorithm to the SCTP specification [RFC2960].

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Janardhan R. Iyengar				   [email-masked]
University of Delaware		       http://www.cis.udel.edu/~iyengar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Armando L. Caro Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:46:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have 2 questions about the mobile sctp draft...

In section 4.1: "During the time where the mobile client is reachable via
two different access networks it has to make sure that it uses both
links."  Why is this requirement necessary?

In section 4.2: "The server must use multiple IP-addresses and a SCTP
implementation supporting the extension [ADDIP]."  Why must the server be
multihomed?

Thanks...

~armando

0--                                                --0
| Armando L. Caro Jr.     |       [email-masked] |
| University of Delaware  |  www.cis.udel.edu/~acaro |
0--                                                --0