Subject: [Tsvwg] TCP shrinking window question

From: Van Dang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:05:25 -0800

In Section 4.2.2.15 (page 91) of RFC 1122, it says that

    A TCP receiver SHOULD NOT shrink the window, i.e., move the
    right window edge to the left.  However, a sending TCP MUST
    be robust against window shrinking, which may cause the
    "useable window" (see Section 4.2.3.4) to become negative.

Can someone what TCP implementations out there that would send
a smaller window even when it receives no packet from the
remote side and the local application does not read any data
off of the receive queue?

Second question: what would the TCP stack in that implementation
do in the case it does receive a certain shrinking window,
even in the case where it sends no packet to the other TCP?

Please send your reply to my email directory: [email-masked]

Thanks for your help.
Van

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg