Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP-DDP shim layer overview

From: "Douglas Otis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:24:31 -0800

"SCTP-DDP shim layer.pdf"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCTP-DDP/files/

This is intended to provide a general overview of the shim layer unrelated
to RDMA use.

Whether sent/receive queues are mapped to SCTP Streams or if acknowledgement
is returned via the ULP or abstracted from the cumulative TSN within the
transport has not been defined.  It may be advantageous when bridging to
different technologies to have acknowledgement result from the ULP, but in
full hardware implementations within the host, there would be performance
advantages abstracting this acknowledgment from the transport.  This
acknowledgement would be useful for implementing barrier fences or creating
different ordering rules as example.

Doug

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg