Subject: [Tsvwg] Making TCP Robust Against Delay Spikes

From: "Andrei Gurtov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:25:06 +0200

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : Making TCP Robust Against Delay Spikes
 Author(s) : A. Gurtov, R. Ludwig
 Filename : draft-gurtov-tsvwg-tcp-delay-spikes-00.txt
 Pages  : 6
 Date  : 26-Feb-02

We suggest a more conservative management of TCP's retransmit timer,
and a more careful response of the TCP sender to duplicate ACKs that
arrive after a timeout. The former reduces the risk of triggering
spurious timeouts, while the latter eliminates potentially
unnecessary retransmits. Although, we believe that these suggestions
are permitted (although not explicitly) by RFC2581 and RFC2988, they
do not seem to be widely known nor deployed in existing TCP
implementations. We therefore want to make implementers aware of
these choices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurtov-tsvwg-tcp-delay-spikes-00.t
xt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 "get draft-gurtov-tsvwg-tcp-delay-spikes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 [email-masked].
In the body type:
 "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gurtov-tsvwg-tcp-delay-spikes-00.txt".

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg