Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP implementation guide comment

From: "Balani, Sandeep" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:14:25 -0800

Hi all, 
  I have a comment on SCTP implementation guide. 
 
In section 2.1.2 we are correcting the text for processing of unrecognize
chunks 
with upper bits set to 01.
" 
   ---------
   New text: (Section 3.2)
   ---------

   01 - Stop processing this SCTP packet and discard it, do not process
        any further chunks within it, and report the unrecognized
        chunk in an 'Unrecognized Chunk Type'.

"

In the another section just below it 2.1.3 we are again writing text for
correction of unrecognize chunk when upper bits are set to 01. 
  
  NEW TEXT 
 
 "  01 - Stop processing this SCTP chunk and discard it, do not process
        any further parameters within this chunk, and report the
        unrecognized parameter in an 'Unrecognized Parameter Type' (in
        either an ERROR or in the INIT ACK). " 

Why there are 2 different new text for same old text ? Should'nt these 2 be
identical ?

-thanks
sandeep 

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Andreas Jungmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:52:44 +0100

Hi, Sandeep,

>         chunk in an 'Unrecognized Chunk Type'.

This refers to CHUNKS, I think....

>         either an ERROR or in the INIT ACK). "

...whereas this refers to parameters contained within a chunk.

Best regards,
Andreas

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Jungmaier             |                         _
 Computer Networking Technology Group     |  ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 University of Essen                      |   - against HTML email  X
 http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung  |               & vcards / \