Subject: [Tsvwg] Evolution of AAL type 2 bearer transport control protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:19:22 -0500

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param>On behalf of Yukio Hiramatsu, Chairman of ITU-T SG 11, I am forwarding the  
following Communication that was approved by Study Group 11 at its March  
1, 2002 meeting.  It discusses progress on  evolution of AAL type 2 bearer 
transport control protocols  Please respond to  <underline><color><param>0000,8000,0000</param>[email-masked]</underline></color> 

<color><param>0100,0100,0100</param><FontFamily><param>Arial</param>INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION UNION

Telecommunication Standardization Sector Study Group 11

Geneva, 18 February - 1 March 2002

QUESTIONS:	Q15/11 (Protocol for the support and interworking of AAL 
Type 2 bearers)

SOURCE:	ITU-T SG 11

TITLE:	Work on new recommendations and enhancements to existing 
recommendations to support the evolution of AAL type 2 bearer 
transport control protocols

______________________________

COMMUNICATION STATEMENT

TO:			IETF (Transport Area)

APPROVAL:	Agreed to at ITU-T Study Group 11 meeting (Geneva, 
March 2002)

FOR:			INFORMATION

DEADLINE:	None

CONTACTS:	Kurt Waber,	Tel:	+41 31 342 3448 

	WP4/11 Chairperson 	Fax:	+41 21 342 9904

Swisscom Ltd. 	Email: [email-masked]

Zentweg 9

CH-3050 Bern

Switzerland

Ian Rytina	Tel:	+61 3 9301 6164

LM Ericsson Telefon AB	Fax:	+61 3901 3887

37/360 Elizabeth Street	Email: [email-masked]

Melbourne, Victoria 3000

Australia

</color>The desire to support existing network services and their enhancements 
employing AAL type 2 bearer transport technology, will require the 
specification of bearer transport technology control protocols which 
support both fixed and mobile network applications.  It is also required 
to develop solutions for interworking between AAL Type 2 signalling 
protocols and other signalling protocols controlling bearer technologies, 
such as IP.  

The March 2002 SG11 meeting agreed that there is a need to develop 
solutions for interworking between AAL Type 2 signalling protocols and 
other signalling protocols controlling bearer technologies.  SG11 invites 
IETF involvement in the identification of requirements to interwork IP 
technologies with AAL Type 2 bearers.  It was also agreed that SG11 
would undertake study of this work.  

<nofill>
Greg Ratta, Vice Chairman, ITU-T SG 11, Signalling requirements and protocols

Lucent Technologies
Tel: +1 732 332 5174, Fax: +1 732 949 1196, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg