Subject: [Tsvwg] Kernel Implementation NOW available

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 06:13:58 -0600

Hi all:

Please note the FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD kernel reference implementation
version 1.0 is NOW available at:

http://www.sctp.org

This implementation as been tested at connect-a-thon and supports
the three BSD's mentioned above. Note for OpenBSD we have not
had a chance to test it :-0 Free and NetBSD have been tested at
connect-a-thon and the Minn IETF. 

Now what does this version support:

1) The full sockets API (both UDP and TCP models).
2) The PR-SCTP draft (formerly U-SCTP. PR-SCTP draft has not
                      been released .. soon.. but this
                      implementation fully supports the forthcoming
                      draft as agreed to at connect-a-thon and the
                      Minn IETF by interested folks at the bar-bof :>)
3) The latest sctp-addip draft.
4) The latest scoping draft.
5) The full implementors guide (current draft)
6) The CACC draft on SCTP.
7) Of course the new SCTP C-SUM aka using CRC32c. Note
   there is a compile option to have it use Adler32.

This version has been tested quite extensively on FreeBSD and NetBSD. It
appears quite stable but is still a "beta" release.

It is released under BSD liscense...

This implementation will eventually role into KAME and you will
then no longer need to download it from my sight once that
happens... For now you DO need to download KAME as well.

The 4/1/02 snapshot available at

http://www.kame.net

as been used and validated with this release.

You are required to be on:

FreeBSD 4.5
or
NetBSD 1.5.2
or
OpenBSD 3.0

Detailed build instructions are in the README file... a quick survey is
to

1) Install and build kame normally.

2) Create a symbolic link from your home directory
   to kame (where you placed the kame tree):

  ln -s /the/path/to/kame /home/me/kame

  [note if kame IS in your home directory skip this step]

3) Untar the file. Normally you do
   a) cd /home/me
   b) mkdir sctpBsd
   c) cd sctpBsd
   d) tar -zxf /path/to/kern_rel_1_0.tar.gz
   e) ./prepare.sh /home/me/sctpBsd

4) The prepare step will make all the needed symbolic links. Now
   go back into your GENERIC file that you used to build the
   kame tree and add "options SCTP". Note you MUST have BOTH
   INET and INET6 build as well. Do the syconfig and then the
   build again.... You now have SCTP in place. There are other
   steps you must do to get the libc updated... follow the
   instructions in the README or those generated by prepare.sh.

Please download and enjoy :>

(Any bugs or problems please send a email to 
 [email-masked] or [email-masked])

R
-- 
Randall R. Stewart
[email-masked] 815-342-5222 (cell phone)

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg