Subject: [Tsvwg] GPL'd STREAMS SCTP Implemntation for Linux 2.4

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:33:51 -0500

fyi

I have just released a Linux 2.4.x SMP kernel version of the RFC
2960 SCTP implementation based on LiS 2.13.17 (Linux STREAMS).
Whereas the release of last Nov. only ran on Linux 2.2.x, this
release has been verified to run on Linux 2.4.18 SMP.  The
release provides an OpenGroup TPI interface as well as an NPI
interface.

The implementation can be downloaded from:

	http://www.oepnss7.org/new/download.html

Included is the ability to set SCTP protocol parameter values way
outside the recommended values (for example, an RTO-Min of zero
:) and has an adaptive multi-homed routing mechanisms which has
been demonstrated to exhibit 5 ms fail-over times between
destinations.

Also included is a modified Nagle algorithm for SCTP which
provides adaptive bundling of data chunks to greatly reduce the
number of small packets and increase network efficiency for
signalling applications that send many small messages (such as
SIGTRAN UAs).

Included are test programs which demonstrate fail-over and
throughput with 2 out of 3 destination failures under 40% noise
and which also conformance test the interface.

Also available under GPL is an implementation of SIGTRAN
draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-04 which conforms to the 76 conformance
test cases documented in draft-bidulock-sigtran-m2pa-test-01.

A Solaris 8 port should be available soon.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg