Subject: [Tsvwg] End point and association Address conflict

From: "Khan, Mohammad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 06:07:48 -0700

Hi All,
I have following querry regarding endpoint and association source addresses.

Suppose an Endpoint has three addresses X, Y and Z.
	An association which uses this endpoint and specifies only X and Y
addresses as source IP addresses. Is it allowed?

Regards
kashif

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:34:20 -0500

Khan,

Which transport protocol are you asking about?

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:50:21 -0500

Hi, Kashif,

Yes, you are allowed to do so, as long as you can guarantee that this
endpoint will never use Z as the source IP address in any packet sent
over this association. This is not hard to prevent if the endpoint has
full control over the source IP address selection routine.

-Qiaobing