Subject: [Tsvwg] sctp-ref-impl 4.05 on Solaris 8

From: "Stuart Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:38:34 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to get the sctp-ref-impl version 4.05 working on a Solaris 8
Sparc machine.
I have 2 ethernet cards, hme0 and hme1.  I have IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
configured
as follows:

    lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
            inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
    hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index
2
            inet 172.25.2.56 netmask ffff0000 broadcast 172.25.255.255
    hme1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index
3
            inet 10.2.56.1 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.2.56.255
    lo0: flags=2000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 8252 index 1
            inet6 ::1/128
    hme0: flags=2000841<UP,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 1500 index 2
            inet6 fe80::a00:20ff:feb9:e9d/10
    hme0:1: flags=2000841<UP,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 1500 index 2
            inet6 fec0::1:a00:20ff:feb9:e9d/64
    hme1: flags=2000841<UP,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 1500 index 3
            inet6 fe80::a00:20ff:feb9:e9d/10
    hme1:1: flags=2000841<UP,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 1500 index 3
            inet6 fec0::2:a00:20ff:feb9:e9d/64

When I start "sctpDeamon" only the IPv4 addresses are displayed.

I repeated this on a Linux RedHat 7.1 machine, and the IPv4 and IPv6
addresses
are displayed.

Has anyone used the reference implementation yet on Solaris with IPv6
addresses?

Thank you,
Stu Miller

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg