Subject: [Tsvwg] INIT/INIT-ACK address list too long

From: Manuel Urueña Pascual <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 2002 13:19:07 +0200

Hello,

Maybe this was previously discussed but I haven't found anything,
(sigtran mailing list archive before 2001 seems to be empty).

My question is:

¿What happens when an endpoint has an limited TCB size and cannot store
whole INIT/INIT-ACK chunk address list?

An scenario:

Alice has five IPs: IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4 IP5 and sends an INIT to Bob listing
all of them, but Bob just stores IP1 and IP2 in its COOKIE TCB (maybe
Bob is a PDA with little memory).

Alice doesn't know, as COOKIE is opaque, that IP3, IP4 and IP5 are
invalid for this association so it may send a packet from one of these
and Bob will handle it as a OOTB and send back an ABORT killing current
association.

So, ¿how can Bob tell Alice that IP3 IP4 and IP5 and invalid addresses
for that association? 

Current ERROR causes related to parameters are:
Unresolvable Address (5)
Invalid Mandatory Parameter (6)
Unrecognized Parameters (8)

None seems to fit. ¿maybe 5?

Best regards,
--Manuel

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg