Subject: [Tsvwg] updated draft on using DSACK information

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:18:47 -0500

Folks-

Ethan and I have just submitted an updated I-D on using DSACKs (or
duplicate TSNs in SCTP) to detect spurious retransmits.  The scheme
is pretty straightforward, but there are a couple gotchas that we
felt needed documented (like naive use of DSACK could lead to DSACK
masking congestion -- we know, we were naive!).  We hope the draft
fits the mold of the eifel detection and F-RTO drafts; that is, *a*
scheme to detect needless retransmission, not *the* scheme.

The draft should pop out as draft-blanton-dsack-use-02.txt in the
usual places in the next few days.  It is available now at:

    http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/papers/draft-blanton-dsack-use-02.txt

We'd be very interested in any feedback folks might have.

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg