Subject: [Tsvwg] WG Last Call of draft-allman-tcp-abc-03.txt

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:35:42 -0400

TSVWG-ites,

Long ago, we had a very civil discussion of TCP Congestion Control with
Appropriate Byte Counting, in an earlier version.  It had small unsolved 
issues, which remained unsolved until recently.  Mark Allman has recently
brought out a draft with the last bits in place.  The abstract is:

    This document proposed a small modification to the way TCP increases
    its congestion window.  Rather than the traditional method of
    increasing the congestion window by a constant amount for each
    arriving acknowledgment, we suggest basing the increase on the
    number of previously unacknowledged bytes each ACK covers.  This
    change improves the performance of TCP, as well as closes a security
    hole TCP receivers can use to induce the sender into increasing the
    sending rate too rapidly.

We would like to give this a Working Group Last Call for Experimental
publication.  Please give it a thorough review and discuss any comments you
have on the mailing list by October 28.

Thanks,

Allison and Scott
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg