Subject: [Tsvwg] F-RTO summary

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:37:21 +0300

Hi,

Thank you to all for comments about F-RTO open issues I presented last 
week. We'll start preparing a new version of the draft based on the 
feedback, but before that, I would like to summarize here what was 
discussed. Please tell, if I have something wrong.

1. Congestion Control. To me this remained somewhat unsolved. Halving 
the window got some support, but on the other hand, some points were 
raised indicating the risks involved in doing so. I would think that at 
this point we leave in the suggestion to halve cwnd and ssthresh, but 
leave the door open for doing something else, for example reverting the 
congestion control state. I think it would be nice to have a small 
separate document giving a recommendation on how to perform congestion 
control in general when spurious RTO is detected by some method, or 
what do you say?

2. SACK option for F-RTO. This text is going to get some editing based 
on the feedback we had off the list, but generally, I think the SACK 
variant was seen as a needed optional addition for F-RTO.

3. Window / application limitation and the possible solution. The 
solution I suggested (send from the tail of the retransmission queue) 
was not very much liked (I think I have started to agree), and for the 
present I would say that in application limited case retransmitting is 
just to be tolerated without timestamps, unless some new ideas pop up.

Then there were some editorial feedback and the case about misbehaving 
receivers, which we will try to address in the next revision of the 
draft.

Thanks,
- Pasi
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg