Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-eifel-response-02.txt

From: Reiner Ludwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:51:27 +0100

Hi,

I have now also submitted a new revision of the Eifel Response algorithm 
for TCP. It should be online shortly.

 From our side this document should be ready for WG last call to publish it 
as an experimental RFC.

Despite many discussion during IETF meetings and private e-mail exchange, 
there has been little feedback on the mailing list. This could either mean 
that everybody is happy with the document (unlikely :-), or that people 
haven't given the doc a serious review. In case of the latter, it would be 
great if some of you took the time, and let us know what you think.

///Reiner

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:30:35 +0200

Hi,

[Reiner told he is offline for a while, but nevertheless...]

On Monday 09 December 2002 15:51, ext Reiner Ludwig wrote:

> I have now also submitted a new revision of the Eifel Response
> algorithm for TCP. It should be online shortly.

I was wondering about is there any reason why the response document 
should be Eifel-specific only? So, instead of having various response 
documents separately for each detection method, why not just having 
something like "Response to Spurious Retransmissions" which could be 
used with whatever detection algorithm?

- Pasi