Subject: [Tsvwg] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:57:01 -0500

This draft will become the basis for RDDP over SCTP.  Discussion
and follow-up should be on the RDDP list ([email-masked]), *not*
the tsvwg list.

Thanks,
--David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 7:53 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Remote

                          Direct Memory Access (RDMA) Direct Data Placement 
                          (DDP) Adaption
    	Author(s)	: R. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2002-12-12
	
This document describes a method to adapt Direct Data Placment (DDP)
and Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) to Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP) RFC2960 [2] using a generic description found in
[RDMA-Draft] [4] and [DDP-Draft] [3] This adaption provides a method
for two peers to know that each side is performing DDP or RDMA thus
enabling hardware acceleration if available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:57:29 -0500