Subject: [Tsvwg] Update on F-RTO draft

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:46:59 +0200

Hi,

We submitted an update to F-RTO draft for dealing with spurious TCP 
retransmission timeouts. The draft can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-tcp-frto-03.txt

Based on the feedback in Atlanta, the focus is now on detecting 
spurious RTO, and the response related text is taken out of the 
algorithm description, although possible response alternatives are 
discussed in the end of the draft.

I'd like to have advise on how to proceed with the draft. Personally, I 
would like to see it become a tsvwg work item, which hopefully would 
attract a thorough review on it, and make its path towards experimental 
RFC easier. So I'm asking for input on would you approve it to become a 
WG item? If not, why not? Based on the earlier discussion on this list 
a few months ago, I got the feeling that generally folks were taking 
the idea of F-RTO quite positively, right?

Btw, F-RTO is included as an option in Linux 2.5 TCP implementation, so 
the Linux users can try it out by installing some of the recent Linux 
kernel versions. I can also give a pointer to separate patch for anyone 
interested.

- Pasi
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg