Subject: [Tsvwg] Out of order TCP traffic on the Internet

From: Murali Bashyam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:40:51 -0800

Hi

Are there any studies that have measured or attempted to measure the
percentage of out-of-order TCP traffic  on the Internet?  Similar to the
studies that folks have done on fragmented IP traffic in the Internet,
admittedly  it is much  more difficult to measure the former.

Thanks,
Murali

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Sourabh Ladha <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:01:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
  I have been searching for freebsd- tcp-sack implementations. Could
anyone please direct me to some of the implementations other than Luigi Rizzo's .

Thanks
Sourabh

---

From: Marco Mellia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:38:55 +0100

We have done some measurement, and about 3/4% of TCP connections seems to 
suffer from packet reordering.

For more details, 

M. Mellia, A. Carpani, R. Lo Cigno
Measuring IP and TCP behavior on Edge Nodes
IEEE Globecom 2002
Taipei, TW, November 17-21

-- 
Ciao,                    /\/\/\rco

+-----------------------------------+  
| Marco Mellia - Assistant Professor|
| Tel: 39-011-5644173               |
| Cel: 39-340-9674888               |   /"\  .. . . . . . . . . . . . .
| Politecnico di Torino             |   \ /  . ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
| Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24       |    X   .- NO HTML/RTF in e-mail .
| Torino - 10129 - Italy            |   / \  .- NO Word docs in e-mail.
| http://www1.tlc.polito.it/mellia  |        .. . . . . . . . . . . . .
+-----------------------------------+
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or Better." So I installed Linux.