Subject: [Tsvwg] Multihoming in SCTP patch for ns-2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:33:07 +0530 (IST)

Hello all,

   This is regarding the sctp patch for ns developed at
PEL , Univ of Delaware . I am working on running simulation of
SCTP over ad hoc scenarios.

 In this connection I would be grateful if anyone
can clarify the following .

In "Interesting features" of the readme
(http://www.cis.udel.edu/~acaro/research/ns2sctp/sctp.README), the idea
behind how multihoming is actually implemented in ns is explained
, by using more than  one nodes for one endpoint. It mentions , to
quote

  "There is
  a "core node" and multiple "interface nodes" to simulate the
  interfaces. The SCTP agent resides on all the nodes, but traffic
  only goes to and from the interface nodes. The core node is used for
  routing and is connected to each interface node via a
  uni-directional link towards the interface node. Traffic does not
  traverse this link."

Is this true also in adhoc scenarios as well ? Because the nodes
that are used as interfaces to the core node , may be moving
independently (according to a movement pattern file ) and may also
go out of "range" of the core node , and the "uni-directional link"
mentioned above may no longer be present.

Thanks in advance ,
Ashwini

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg