Subject: [Tsvwg] New version of the F-RTO draft

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Jun 2003 11:14:20 +0300

Hi all,

A new version of our draft titled "F-RTO: An Algorithm for Detecting
Spurious Retransmission Timeouts with TCP and SCTP" is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-tcp-frto-04.txt

There are no open issues that I am aware of, so I think the draft would
be ready to be moved forward towards experimental RFC. Therefore,
following the earlier instructions from Allison, I'd like to ask for a
last call for this draft under the tsvwg.

In addition to some editorial work, the most significant changes for
this draft version are:
- We have added some text about applying the algorithm with SCTP, since
I belive the same idea applies there, too.
- Some new text in the Security Considerations section.
- We have changed some terminology (e.g. by using the "SpuriousRecovery"
variable) to be better aligned with the Eifel Detection RFC.

All comments are welcome, of course. Especially, I'd be interested to
hear what the SCTP folks think about the current version.

Thanks,
- Pasi

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg