Subject: [Tsvwg] The UDP-Lite Protocol - comment

From: "Long, Darren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:01:59 +0100

Is it not possible that the UDP-Lite header may define an arbitrary region
in the packet payload for checksum protection, and not restrict this region
to starting at the first byte of the payload? I don't think that the current
proposed scheme offers enough flexibility, and think that this capability
would make a valuable addition.

Regards

Darren Long

THALES OPTRONICS
Vicon House, Western Way
Bury St. Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 3SP
United Kingdom
Tel.: +44 (0) 1284 750599
Fax: +44 (0) 1284 750598
Web: www.wvintenltd.com

This e-mail is intended solely for the above mentioned recipient and it may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it
in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete the email.
You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on
it.

Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken, Thales Optronics can
not accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of
software
viruses that may be contained in, or attached to this email.
--------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg