Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 1323.bis

From: "Duke, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:27:05 -0700

A comment on the RFC 1323 revision Internet-Draft:

Although the original contained no such thing, a section (maybe an
appendix?) that discusses some of the corner cases in which the RTT
measurement will be wildly inaccurate:

A)      DATA 5, ACK 37, TS 12 -------------> (has long RTO, for whatever
reason)

		  (lost) --------------- ACK 6, ECHO 12

				<sometime later, data becomes available>

		  <------------------- DATA 37, ACK 6, ECHO 12

B) 	  DATA 3, TS 12 -------------------->  (again, long RTO)

		   (lost) --------------- ACK 4, ECHO 12, rcv window = 0

		  <---------------------- ACK 4, ECHO 12, rcv window =
foo

and states that these cases are rare enough that we're willing to accept
the problem.

Martin

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg