Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Last Call: 'HighSpeed TCP for Large Congestion Windows' to Experimental RFCj

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Our study indicates that there are significant problems with HSTCP 
or STCP when running along with flows of different RTTs. 
Short RTT flows will dominate the bandwidth consumption. This problem
is much more severe than for normal TCP (several order of magnitude 
worse than TCP). If you want to know more about our work (I 
publicise our work in E2E list), here is the link:

http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/faculty/rhee/export/bitcp/index.htm

Regards,
Injong

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:13:55 -0600

rhee,

It would be interesting to see results for 1,$s/TC/CT/g.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦