Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:33:53 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Remember us asking for feedback on the "IPv4 address usage survey" a
couple of weeks ago?

Well, the document has been revised a bit (actually twice :-), and I
believe it should address the comments received:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt

Please check it out and see that it's factually correct, the
recommendations in section 7 seem reasonable, etc.

In particular, we've found a new Full Standard, RFC 907 ("Host Access
Protocol"), which should be analyzed ;-)

Thanks,

Pekka
 writing as v6ops co-chair

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:11:56 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF
			  Transport Area Standards
	Author(s)	: P. Nesser II, A. Bergstrom
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-10-6
	
This document seeks to document all usage of IPv4 addresses in currently
deployed IETF Transport Area documented standards.  In order to 
successfully transition from an all IPv4 Internet to an all IPv6 
Internet, many interim steps will be taken. One of these steps is the 
evolution of current protocols that have IPv4 dependencies.  It is hoped 
that these protocols (and their implementations) will be redesigned to 
be network address independent, but failing that will at least dually 
support IPv4 and IPv6.  To this end, all Standards (Full, Draft, and 
Proposed) as well as Experimental RFCs will be surveyed and any 
dependencies will be documented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg