Subject: [Tsvwg] one-to-many/one-to-one socket API extension for SCTP

From: "Hanping Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:07:02 -0800

Hi,

Regarding the one-to-many(UDP style) and one-to-one(tcp style) socket
interface in socket API, one-to-many is more effiencient in terms of
exploring the new features of SCTP, can anyone tell me which feature that
one-to-one style interface CANNOT make use of?

Though each association could have its dedicated buffer space for
one-to-many style API, all the associations will fail if their related
socket fails. But if one socket fails for one-to-one style API, only one
association will fail. Is this the benefit of one-to-one style API? or it's
not possible in reality?

But for one-to-one style, the maximum number of associations is limited by
the number of socket the specific OS allows to open, as well as the select()
call could handle(the value of FD_SETSIZE).

Any suggestion or idea is highly appreciated!

hanping

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg