Subject: [Tsvwg] Eifel Response -04

From: Reiner Ludwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:09:17 +0200

Hi,

we have just submitted a new revision (-04) of the I-D specifying the Eifel 
Response algorithm. It should be online soon.

As announced at the last IETF meeting, it now only deals with spurious 
timeouts leaving spurious fast retransmits and the question of how to adapt 
DupThresh for further study.

However, as opposed to what we presented at the last IETF meeting, we do 
not require a decaying of the congestion control state. This is a result of 
further private discussions, and we motivate this decision in the I-D 
(section 3.2 & 3.4). Instead of decaying the congestion control state, we 
follow RFC2861 in that ssthresh is restored to a previous state and cwnd 
has to be revalidated through slow-start. [This is basically what had 
already been specified in the -03 version of the I-D. Now, we are just more 
explicit about it.]

///Andrei & Reiner

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg