Subject: [Tsvwg] socket API extension for SCTP checksum

From: "Hanping Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:46:35 -0800

Hi,

The SCTP checksum is migrating from Adler32 to CRC32. During the transient
phase, these two check will be co-existing.

I am wondering if we could add a preprocessor for the checksum type so that
the user could choose to inter-op with old SCTP implementation only
supporting Adaler32 if necessary.

thanks,
hanping

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:34:20 -0700

Hanping,

Adler32 is deprecated.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦