Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP and mobility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:34:13 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to know something about SCTP and mobility.
I've found some draft on SCTP and Mobile IP and some other study.

Can someone try to summarize where the research is ?
I'd like receive some links or papers as well.

regards
Salvatore Loreto

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:08:32 +0100

Hi Salvatore,

there are some papers about Transport Layer Mobility which
discuss the possibilities / restrictions of that. DCCP also
provides a method to change the transport address during the
lifetime of a DCCP conversation. I think there is no need for
other protocol developments, it is more how this works together
with other protocols.

Please note that before finishing the work on AddIP we are working
on a method to secure the ASCONF chunk. The first step is SCTP-AUTH,
but it will be extended in the next revision by using purpose based
keys.

Best regards
Michael