Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-azcorra-tsvwg-tcp-blind-ack-dos-00.txt

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:01:48 +0100

Hello to the TSV WG,

	We've just submitted an individual Internet draft. Here is a copy of
the abstract:

   TCP relies in communication peers to implement congestion control by
   hosts voluntary limiting their own data rate. Nevertheless this
   assumption introduces unsolved DoS attack opportunities.

   A DoS attack can be easily performed by a host that acknowledges TCP
   segments not yet received (maybe even not sent).

   This document presents and briefly describes the problem, already
   identified and pointed before, but also shows than it can be easily
   performed (with very interesting results) and proposes some
   server-side modifications to TCP stack in order to make this attack
   more difficult to perform.

	The draft is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-azcorra-tsvwg-tcp-blind-ack-dos-00.txt

	Any comments are highly welcome.

	Thanks in advance,

	Carlos J.
	
-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano - http://www.it.uc3m.es/cjbc/
GPG FP: 1880 80D3 8004 25C7 6537  8E02 252A D295 9CFF DEAF