Subject: [Tsvwg] WG Action: RECHARTER: Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:44:38 -0500

The charter of the Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg) in the Transport Area 
of the IETF has been updated.  For additional information, please contact 
the Area Directors or the working group Chairs.

Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)
------------------------------------

 Current Status: Active Working Group

 Chair(s):
 Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
 Jon Peterson <[email-masked]>

 Transport Area Director(s):
 Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
 Jon Peterson <[email-masked]>

 Transport Area Advisor:
 Jon Peterson <[email-masked]>

 Mailing Lists:
 General Discussion: [email-masked]
 To Subscribe: [email-masked]
 In Body: subscribe email_address
 Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/tsvwg/

 Description of Working Group:

 The Transport Area receives occasional proposals for the development and
 publication of RFCs dealing with Transport topics, but for which the 
 required work does not rise to the level where a new working group is 
 justified, yet the topic does not fit with an existing working group, 
 and a single BOF would not provide the time to ensure a mature proposal. 
 The tsvwg will serve as the forum for developing these types of 
 proposals.

 The tsvwg mailing list will be used to discuss the proposals as they 
 arise. The working group will meet if there are one or more active 
 proposals that require discussion.

 The working group milestones will be updated as needed to reflect the
 proposals currently being worked on and the target dates for their
 completion. New milestones will be first reviewed by the IESG. The
 working group will be on-going as long as the ADs believe it serves a
 useful purpose.

 Goals and Milestones:

 Done Updates to RFC 793 to resolve conflict between diffserv and TCP
 interpretation of IP Precedence submitted for publication as Proposed
 Standard 
 Done Addition to RFC 2018 to use TCP SACK for detecting unnecessary
 retransmissions submitted for publication as Proposed Standard 
 Done Submit I-D on TCP Congestion Window Validation to IESG for
 consideration as a Proposed Standard 
 Done Submit I-D on Computing TCP's Retransmission Timer to IESG for
 consideration as a Proposed Standard. 
 Done submit revised ID for ECN to IESG for consideration as a proposed
 standard 
 Done submit ID on UDP-lite to IESG for consideration as a proposed
 standard 
 Done TCP-Friendly Rate Control (TFRC) unicast congestion control
 algorithm submitted to IESG for consideration as a proposed standard 
 Done submit ID for SCTP unreliable transport mode to IESG for
 consideration as a Proposed Standard 
 Mar 04 submit early retransmission to IESG for consideration as
 Experimental
 Mar 04 submit SCTP Implementer's Guide to IESG for consideration as an
 Informational RFC
 Apr 04 submit Eifel response to IESG for consideration as a Proposed
 Standard
 Jun 04 ECN Nonce procedure submitted to IESG for consideration as
 Proposed Standard
 Sep 04 submit ID for SCTP API for consideration as an Informational RFC 
 Sep 04 TCP-Friendly Variable Rate Control unicast congestion control
 submitted to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg