Subject: [Tsvwg] NSIS in Emergency Use

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:01:41 +0900

Henning:

I wonder if you could do us a favor.

You asked why I didn't mention NSIS, and I commented that I didn't have a 
coded proposed standard implementation that had the set of characteristics 
I needed; I think your thumbnail precis was "it's not cooked yet".

I wonder if you would mind downloading 
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/mlpp/mlpp-that-works.html (or 
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/mlpp/mlpp-that-works.xml if you prefer it), 
globally replace

	%s/RSVP/NSIS/

and then ask yourself what ceased to make sense (assuming that it made 
sense before). Clearly, any reference to an RSVP-related assumption, 
document, or bit of functionality needs an NSIS counterpart, and such any 
that don't exist or work significantly differently in context are red 
flags. If you would like to take that up with me off-line, I think we might 
wind up with a contribution to NSIS along the lines of "we think something 
that solves this set of issues might be useful."

Fred