Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-manner-lrsvp-04.txt (fwd)

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:59:55 +0300 (EEST)

Dear all,

Based on feedback from our AD/Chair Allison, I submitted a revision of the
Localized RSVP. The main change is the removal of any discussion on
multicast/anycast in relation to sending certain messages. These were more
or less "tricks" and not good engineering.

The Changelog in the beginning of the draft says this:

"Changes since -03
   - Updated boilerplates
   - Removed discussion on using the CAP Object (not really an option)
   - Removed discussion and suggestion on using anycast or multicast
     addresses when sending the initial Path Request. This is more
     like a hack and trick, and not really good and clear engineering.
   - Updated references and author information"

And a diff of the key changes between -03 and -04 can be found at:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jmanner/papers/diff_lrsvp_03-04.txt

Regards,
Jukka

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:38:29 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manner-lrsvp-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Localized RSVP
	Author(s)	: J. Manner, et al.
	Filename	: draft-manner-lrsvp-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-9-21
	
Guaranteed QoS for multimedia applications is based on reserved
resources in each node on the end-to-end path. Even if the
correspondent node does not support QoS, it would be useful to be
able to reserve at least local resources at the access network,
especially wireless link resources. Additionally, for mobile nodes
the continuity of QoS is disturbed due to end-to-end signalling or
slow re-reservations of resources after each handover. This draft
proposes a simple enhancement to RSVP, so that initial resource
reservations and re-reservations due to host mobility can be done
locally in an access network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-manner-lrsvp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg