Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] sctp performance

From: Janardhan Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:30:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brian/all,

Sorry about the late reply - I was on a paper deadline.

My thoughts have been voiced by Randy and Prof. Amer. The experiments were
performed about 2 years ago, and performance tuning has happened since
then in the KAME stack.

> It looks like SCTP implementors still have something to learn from TCP
> implementors in some cases.

I'm not sure much else can replace performance tuning that happens with
time and usage. That a new SCTP could match up to an aged TCP stack is
quite good, I think.

regards,
jana

---------------------------------------------------------------
Janardhan R. Iyengar           http://www.cis.udel.edu/~iyengar
Protocol Engineering Lab  --   CIS   --  University Of Delaware
---------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg