Subject: [Tsvwg] New version of draft-silverman-tsvwg-mlefphb-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:30:50 EDT

A revised version of the subject document has been placed on the IETF site.

For those of you who haven't been following this topic, MLEF allows the 
application of different handling to different priority of Expedited Forwarding 
traffic so that higher priority traffic is less affected by congestion which 
results is packet discard.

It is not intended as a replacement for congestion management via some sort 
of call admission or call manager but complements this option. It must be used 
in conjuction with these other techniques to provide a complete QoS solution.

MLEF operates at the packet level, not the call level using various Diffserv 
codepoints to distinguish among the various priority of traffic and provides 
for different discard probabalities, as Assured Forwarding does.

It is currently the authors' intention to request that this be published as 
an individual submission as an Experimental RFC.

Comments specific to the described mechanism would be appreciated.

Mike Pierce
Artel

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg