Subject: [Tsvwg] new XCP draft to be discussed at TSVWG

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:49:24 -0700

Hi-

We've published an Internet Draft with a spec of XCP, the eXplicit
Control Protocol, an experimental congestion control protocol.  As the
draft's abstract says:

   XCP is designed to deliver the highest possible end-to-end
   throughput over a broad range of network infrastructure, including
   links with very large bandwidth-delay products, which are not well
   served by the current control algorithms.  XCP is potentially
   applicable to any transport protocol, although initial testing has
   applied it to TCP in particular.  XCP routers are required to
   perform a small calculation on congestion state carried in each
   data packet.  XCP routers also periodically recalculate the local
   parameters required to provide fairness.  On the other hand, there
   is no per-flow congestion state in XCP routers.

Our plan is to publish it as an Experimental RFC.  Allison and Jon
have given us an agenda slot at TSVWG to talk a little about the
protocol, preliminary results, and our plans.

Find the draft at:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-falk-xcp-spec-00.txt

Project page (w/code) at:

  http://www.isi.edu/isi-xcp

Regards,

--aaron

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg