Subject: [Tsvwg] New ID on efficient port randomisation

From: Michael Vittrup Larsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:13:47 +0200

Hi all,

A new ID on efficient port randomisation is now available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomisation-00.txt

The draft describes and algorithm for port randomisation with a reasonable 
compromise between:

* Obfuscation (port randomisation is obfuscation)

* Fast convergence (i.e. port selection) in cases where many
  active sockets exist (i.e. probability of port collision is
  high).

* Ease of implementation, i.e. little code and no additional data
  structures (e.g. port free-lists) to describe current port usage.

The algorithm somewhat follows the idea of RFC1948, which describe TCP ISN 
randomisation.

Feedback appreciated.

(Sorry for the cross-post to TCPM. Port randomisation was discussed during the 
summer on TCPM, but IMHO belongs to TSVWG.)

Michael Vittrup Larsen

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg