Subject: [Tsvwg] Call for Paper IWQoS 2005

From: "Francois Le Faucheur \(flefauch\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:53:54 +0100

Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
========================================================================
==

Conference Announcement and Call for Papers

 Thirteenth International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2005)
                                               June 21-23, 2005
                                     University of Passau, Germany

IWQoS has emerged as the prime annual event on Quality-of-Service
(QoS)-related research and technologies. Building on the successes of
previous workshops, the objective of the workshop is to bring together
researchers, developers, and practitioners working in this area to
discuss recent and innovative results, and identify future directions
and challenges. IWQoS has a long standing tradition of being highly
interactive while maintaining highest standards of competitiveness and
excellence. This characteristic will be re-emphasized by intercepting
the regular paper sessions with stimulating discussion events about
controversial and cutting edge topics. The program will include the
following highlights:

*	Key Note by Industrial Speaker 
*	A Panel on "Self-Organization and QoS" by David Hutchison,
Lancaster Univ, U.K. 
*	A Position Paper Session on "The Impact of QoS: Where Industry
meets Academia" by Francois Le Faucheur, Cicso Systems France and
Georgios Karagiannis, Twente Univ., The Netherlands.
(http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/lehrstuehle/demeer/iwqos/short_paper.html)

*	A Works in Progress Session focusing on emerging research 
*	Key Note  and Invited Paper  by Randy Katz, UC Berkeley, U.S.A. 
*	Industrial Exhibition and Demonstration of Tools and Methods
related to Quality of Communication
<http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/lehrstuehle/demeer/iwqos/cfexhib.html>  by
Jan de Meer, Institute for High-performance Microelectronics GmbH,
Frankfurt (Oder), Germany 

The panel and the short paper sessions will be highly interactive and
leave much time and space for the audience to get involved. The position
and short papers will go through the general reviewing process but the
papers must specifically be submitted to fit the track. Short versions
of regular technical papers will not be accepted here. It is rather
encouraged to submit work that is either stimulating with a long term
vision or that points to immediate relevance with need for controversial
debate to address the foremost experts at the venue. 

Technical Program

Quality of Service principles can be applied to a large number of
domains. Our goal is to broaden the areas that QoS research can be
pulled from by recognizing the multi-disciplinary aspect to much of the
research. In addition to the traditional areas, the call for papers does
solicit, but is not limited to, papers in such areas as:

*	QoS in mobile/wireless environments, Sensor networks, 4G (IP for
3G) 
*	QoS in overlays and peer-to-peer networks 
*	QoS in GRID environments 
*	SLA: end-to-end QoS, QoS in large scale, heterogeneous
environments 
*	QoS-aware software components: QoS for Web Services 
*	QoS and self-organizing systems 
*	New frontiers of QoS 
*	QoS measurement versus control 
*	QoS adaptation versus resource reservation 
*	Hidden QoS issues, have we just learned to ignore QoS problems? 
*	QoS in context aware systems (also related to mobility) 
*	User perception/user interfaces for QoS 
*	QoS and distributed systems 
*	QoS and middleware 
*	Fault tolerance and QoS 
*	QoS in ad hoc networks 
*	Economics and QoS 
*	Security, trust and QoS 
*	QoS in the home and everywhere 
*	QoS and new media 
*	QoS and haptics , virtual environments 
*	QoS in buisiness processes, workflows

IWQoS aims to allow rapid dissemination of research results and to
provide fast turnaround. The deadline for papers is therefore as close
to the conference as the publishers allow. The workshop is a
single-track forum spanning two and a half days. It values both
theoretical contributions and practical experience.

Web Site: http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/iwqos

Best Student Paper Award 

Award will be given at the conference to the best student paper, whose
first author is a current student. 

Paper Submission 

IWQoS invites submission of manuscripts that present original research
results, and that have not been previously published or currently under
review by another conference or journal. Any previous or simultaneous
publication of related material should be explicitly noted in the
submission. Submissions should be full-length papers that are no longer
than 20 double-spaced single-column pages with font sizes of 11 or
larger, including all figures and references, and must include an
abstract of 100 -- 150 words. All papers must be submitted in either
Postscript or the Adobe PDF format, and no other formats are accepted by
the paper submission web site. Submissions will be judged on
originality, significance, interest, clarity, relevance, and
correctness. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper must
present the paper at IWQoS 2004. The paper submission can be done here
<http://www.net.fmi.uni-passau.de/crp> .

Short Position Papers for Industry Session and Works in Progress

We solicit submissions of short papers for the two sessions outlined
above. The short papers are limited to three single-spaced pages.
Accepted papers will be presented in a 15-minute time period, and will
be included in the conference proceedings. 

Important Dates: 

*	Paper abstract deadline: February 16th , 2005, 11:59pm CET 
*	Full paper submission deadline: February 22th , 2005, 11:59pm
CET 
*	Short paper submission deadline: March 7th, 2005, 11:59pm CET 
*	Notification of acceptance: March 24th , 2005 
*	Camera-ready papers due: April 8, 2005 
*	Hotel reservation cut-off date: May 19th , 2005 
*	Early registration deadline: April 8th, 2005 
*	Workshop dates: June 21-23 , 2005 
*	Workshop reception and welcome party: June 20th, 2005 

Organizational Objectives

Among strong industrial and academic support the 13th IWQoS is supported
by the three organizing institutions:

*	University of Passau, Germany 
*	HP Laboratories Palo Alto, California USA 
*	IHP Institute on Microelectronics GmbH, Brandenburg Germany 

The University of Passau will host the all conference activities; it
provides excellent conference support for up to 1,000 participants.
Features of university support include:

*	Support desk in the conference area with professional team to
handle technical and logistical issues. 
*	Lecture room with 180 seats, video projector, internet access 
*	WLAN connection 
*	Reserved lunch area on the Inn river banks 
*	Exhibition space 

Program Chairs:

Hermann De Meer
University of Passau
Passau, Germany 
mail: [email-masked]

Nina Bhatti
Hewlett Packard Laboratories
Palo Alto, California USA 
email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg