Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4015 on The Eifel Response Algorithm for TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:31:41 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4015

        Title:      The Eifel Response Algorithm for TCP
        Author(s):  R. Ludwig, A. Gurtov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 31512
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-eifel-response-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4015.txt

Based on an appropriate detection algorithm, the Eifel response
algorithm provides a way for a TCP sender to respond to a detected
spurious timeout.  It adapts the retransmission timer to avoid
further spurious timeouts and (depending on the detection algorithm)
can avoid the often unnecessary go-back-N retransmits that would
otherwise be sent.  In addition, the Eifel response algorithm restores
the congestion control state in such a way that packet bursts are
avoided.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg