Subject: [Tsvwg] Mobility Detection and Response draft update

From: Yogesh Prem Swami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:00:00 -0600

Hi,

An updated version of LMDR (Lightweight Mobility Detection and Response) 
draft is available from 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swami-tcp-lmdr-05.txt.

Although not many people seem to be interested in the draft, we will 
greatly appreciate any comment.  Also, we are interested in knowing more 
about people's experience with TCP and mobility. In an emulated setting 
(in the lab), we have found this draft to be quite useful for 802.11 
(with Mobile-IPv4) and GPRS networks. But since we were the ones doing 
the testing, it will be very helpful to get more objective feedback from 
others :-)

Thanks
Yogesh

----------------------

Title: Lightweight Mobility Detection and Response (LMDR) Algorithm for
        TCP

Abstract:

    TCP congestion control is based on the assumption that the end-to-end
    path of a connection changes only insignificantly after connection
    establishment.  Network layer mobility protocols that change a
    connection's point of attachment transparently to the transport layer
    may violate this assumption and cause TCP to make congestion control
    decisions based on invalid information.  This document describes a
    TCP option that allows a connection endpoint to inform a peer when it
    changes location.  This document also outlines the proper congestion
    control behavior that should take place in the face of such network
    layer mobility.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg