Subject: [Tsvwg] a new version of the Quick-Start draft

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:50:48 -0800

We have posted a new version of the Quick-Start draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-amit-quick-start-04.txt

There are no changes to the proposed protocol; the changes are mostly
just a short discussion of some of the results from a new paper of
ours on "Evaluating Quick-Start for TCP", posted on the Quick-Start
web page at "http://www.icir.org/floyd/quickstart.html".

>From draft-amit-quick-start-04.txt:

     Changes from draft-amit-quick-start-03.txt:
     * Added a citation to the paper on "Evaluating Quick-Start for
       TCP", and added pointers to the work in that paper.
       This work includes:
       - Discussions of router algorithms.
       - Discussions of sizing Quick-Start requests.
     * Added sections on "Misbehaving Middleboxes", and on "Attacks on
       Quick-Start".

Feedback is welcome.

I would like to give a short update on this next week at tsvwg, 
if there is time on the schedule. 

I think this is ready for Working Group Last Call, as Experimental
(as agreed upon at the last WG meeting).  But, since there isn't
consensus for Proposed Standard, I would very much like it to be
the same variant of Experimental as used in the past by ECN and by
NewReno, and that is used now by HighSpeed TCP; that is, the variant
of Experimental that permits deployment in the current Internet.

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg