Subject: [Tsvwg] DiffServ Service Class Aggregation Draft -01

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:31:18 -0500

As continuing work on the DiffServ Service Classes topic, this draft
tries to provide guidance on the aggregation of service classes at parts
of the network where aggregated treatment is sufficient for supporting
the application treatment requirements indicated by the service classes.

This document currently is still at its early stages.

Please see link to document below.

Any comments are welcomed.

Thank you!
-- Kwok Ho Chan --

At 03:31 PM 2/21/2005, you wrote:
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes
>         Author(s)       : K. Chan, et al.
>         Filename        : draft-chan-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt
>         Pages           : 12
>         Date            : 2005-2-21
>
>In the core of a high capacity network, service differentiation is
>    still needed to support applications' utilization of the network.
>    Applications with similar traffic characteristics and performance
>    requirements are mapped into different diffserv service classes based
>    on end-to-end behavior requirements of the applications.  However,
>    some network segments may be configured in such a way that a single
>    forwarding treatment satisfy the traffic characteristics and
>    performance requirements of two or more service classes.  For such
>    cases, it may be desirable to aggregate two or more service classes
>    into a forwarding treatment.  This document provides guidelines for
>    aggregation of service classes into forwarding treatments.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg