Subject: [Tsvwg] Specifying Alternate Semantics for the ECN Field

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:25:53 -0800

I have a new internet-draft, not yet submitted, on
"Specifying Alternate Semantics for the Explicit Congestion
Notification (ECN) Field"

A copy is available at:
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-00a.txt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-00a.ps

The abstract:
    There have been a number of proposals for alternate semantics for
    the ECN field in the IP header [ECN].  This document discusses some
    of the issues in defining alternate semantics for the ECN field, and
    specifies requirements for a safe co-existence in an Internet using
    the default ECN semantics of RFC 3168.  This document evolved as a
    result of discussions with the authors of one recent proposal for
    such alternate semantics.

I wrote this document as a result of many discussions with the authors
of draft-babiarz-tsvwg-rtecn-03.txt on these issues (and with David
Black and others as well).

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.  This is currently just
my own personal view, but one possible goal would to have this
become a tsvwg work item, to see if there is consensus.

Many thanks, 

- Sally
(And I think that I am sending this one to the right mailing list...)

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg